ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
You won't see many (if any) catastrophic failures because there aren't enough people / mileage to see the long term effects.
That's fair. I've heard that the CDV isn't a perfect one-way design and while it should only work on engagement, it sort of pulses on disengagement and affects fluid travel, which is why some people's 2nd gear grinds are helped from the delete.
Sponsored

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
That's fair. I've heard that the CDV isn't a perfect one-way design and while it should only work on engagement, it sort of pulses on disengagement and affects fluid travel, which is why some people's 2nd gear grinds are helped from the delete.
I guess it could be done as a last resort. More of a higher risk and lower reward type deal. Usually the pedal adjustment, fluid change, and modified CMC should do the trick for most cars. My suspicion is people are just shifting too fast / before the clutch is fully disengaged causing grinds. People need to realize you can't just rip it from 1-2 in this car because of the aggressive gear ratio change. Other gears are fine.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I guess it could be done as a last resort. More of a higher risk and lower reward type deal. Usually the pedal adjustment, fluid change, and modified CMC should do the trick for most cars. My suspicion is people are just shifting too fast / before the clutch is fully disengaged causing grinds. People need to realize you can't just rip it from 1-2 in this car because of the aggressive gear ratio change. Other gears are fine.
I've got my eye on a kzCMC as well but it appears people have had better results with the CDV delete. It's hard to ignore the results people have gotten with it, plus it's "free" lol.

And honestly I don't grind (although I have before when I was first learning the car's power and revs) and I can bang 2nd from redline in 1st. I get a nice little controlled wheel spin - it's more than just a chirp but maybe that's the effect of the CDV? I'm breaking traction for longer than a chirp, I actually like how it feels. I just want slightly smoother shifting feel. All I've done is ACDelco fluid and adjusted my clutch pedal/CMC for max stroke. Stock shifter. The whole setup is honestly pretty good, just curious how much better it can get.
Sponsored