Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I noticed when I turn my wipers on they are really delayed. The wipers will stay upwards for a few seconds before they actually come back down.
I also have a 2017 LX hatchback and this is not a issue. Is this a FK8 thing or just my wiper motor ready to shit the bed? It's been driving me nuts!
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I noticed when I turn my wipers on they are really delayed. The wipers will stay upwards for a few seconds before they actually come back down.
I also have a 2017 LX hatchback and this is not a issue. Is this a FK8 thing or just my wiper motor ready to shit the bed? It's been driving me nuts!
If your under warranty might as well take it in. If not I would test the relay first before spending money on a new motor since a relay is only a few bucks. Try to find it in the fuse box and if you see another similar fuse just like it swap them and see if it fixes the issue. If it does then it’s the relay if not then it’s the motor. Unless your wipers streak or stick then your windshield might be the issue, but since you say delay I would check the relay then the motor

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
doesnt sound right, ditto taking it in. Have not noticed anything odd about the wipers compared to other cars i've had.

OP
OP
OrchidFc3

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the input guys! It ended up being my linkage, once adjusted it worked fine. Super glad it wasn't anything serious.

dave.landstone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX 6MT:
Country flag
well Ive left my wipers on with a bunch of snow and started the car now they wont turn on at all.... ive ordered a new 6 multi slot fuse to see if its the problem but ive checked it and it wasnt burnt either way your saying theres a relay as well? Cuz theres no sound what so ever when i turn them on...
Sponsored