Coronavirus...

rr1443

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Curious to hear some thoughts/opinions...

for example: how this affects you (since we all come from different places, backgrounds, etc.

I'm a college student in Socal but heading back to the Bay Area for spring break. In-person classes cancelled, finals are online, coachella is cancelled/postponed (lol), stocks are a rollercoaster

I know for others, people are working from home, etc..

but how are you affected? curious to hear from everyone since this seems to be getting more and more serious
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I've stopped drinking Corona.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I did find myself washing my hands extra well after opening the eBay package I got from China this week.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
I've been working from home since 2013. The only thing I worry about is my trip to Germany in July. Hopefully the world has been sanitized by then otherwise I'll just get refunded and invest it. Otherwise no change at all.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
I did find myself washing my hands extra well after opening the eBay package I got from China this week.
Just look at the date stamp. If it's been a week, you're surely fine. Coronavirus lives from a few hours up to 6-days on surfaces.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
We really need to get more test-kits out here in the U.S., impossible to track if we can't test for the virus.

MattLodi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport+
Country flag
Here it's hitting quite hard, now we have to keep a safe distance from anyone else of at least 1 meter, we can leave our home only for important reason (work, get groceries, going to help old peoples). Schools are closed, restaurant and other non essential shops must close at 6pm. Hope this get better soon because some peoples start to rave, other people continuing to live their "pre-virus" life instead, which is very dangerous (and illegal), because the virus spreads very quickly.
It is unreal, it is like living in a movie.

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
I wonder why 35,000 of your soldiers arrived in Europe without a mask and protections

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm in the navy and am on shore duty for a few more months. I also volunteer at a local soccer club, running the concession stand. My wife coaches and 2 of 3 of our kids play. I wash my hands like I always have and am sticking some hand sanitizer out front at the front. The US soccer and Georgia soccer have made no moves to close programs and we'll stay up and running until they tell us to stop or the city/county makes a recommendation to stop.
As to the enclosed environment on a submarine, we have sicknesses go through easily. Many a shitty underway has been had when a stomach bug has come through and put down a sizable fraction of the crew... puking and shitting themselves in the few heads we have onboard and not able to stand watch. They're never lethal however. Seeing how the Diamond Princess fared, I'd be concerned about having a sick person underway. Given we're all young and healthy people, I think having a fatality on a sub would be rare... but across the whole fleet? It's a real possibility. In out age group... it looks like the mortality rate is around 0.2%-0.4% or so.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

As it has been said before, the vast majority of the people who get this strain of coronavirus don't present symptoms any worse that the common cold, another coronavirus. The ~125,000 infected figure floating around is probably completely inaccurate. I bet it's 10x that... maybe 100x. Most people are just sucking it up and taking meds for symptoms and continuing about their daily routine.
The infected currently represent a tiny portion of the population, even if the numbers are 100x off... but it's widespread and is going to be with us for a long time. Hopefully they'll develop an antiviral and it'll knock down the severity. Spanish flu 100 years ago killed 10s of millions with a similar 2-3% mortality rate... but that was also over a period of a couple years and without antivirals or the ability to curb secondary infections (i.e. bacterial pneumonia) effectively. I think eventually this coronavirus will be old news even with higher infection rates and death tolls that could be many thousands going into the millions worldwide. We'll eventually get coronavirus fatigue and just live with the thing. We've been very lucky in modern times not having a widespread sickness take out a lot of folks... but throughout history, it's been pretty common. We may not be able to completely duck this one. Still... this isn't something that'll be settled tomorrow or next week. It's going to take a year or more to probably see it's full impact.
There's been less deaths in the US thus far than there are on average from lightning strikes annually. Tomorrow is never guaranteed either... so wash your hands, don't touch your face, tell those close to you that you love them (as you always should) and go about your day. If you're in a low risk group but feel like dogshit, especially if your chest is strangely tight... get checked out. You'll probably be fine but it'd suck to live with having taken it to a ailing family member or co-worker who has some medical predisposition to being at high risk and spreading it to them. Precautions are fine to me... but I'm not going to be afraid of living. My grandma lived through a time of Spanish flu... tuberculosis (it killed both her parents, orphaning her)… small pox... etc. It's a great time to be alive... this is just a bump in the road we've not had to face for a while and will hopefully stay minor in nature. Even if it gets bad, humanity will shake it off and keep on chugging.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Garbage thread.

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads