Civic X vs Hyundai Ioniq

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
The Ioniq is aimed more at the Prius, but it's a dark-horse competitor to the Civic also. Buyers, such as myself, that are looking for really good fuel economy will be looking at this Hyundai too when it debuts in January. The Ioniq will be offered in 3 versions: HEV, PHEV, and BEV. Props to Hyundai for introducing a compact hybrid when Honda and others discontinued theirs. Will the Ioniq be ugly? I suppose we have to wait to find out.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/samabue...idbattery-electric-to-be-revealed-in-january/

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic X vs Hyundai Ioniq fk5he
Sponsored

MMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fit
Reminds me of the current Chevy Volt shape,especially the rear.

Do you guys think cars like the Ioniq (or any HEV, PHEV, BEV) will ever be enthusiast cars? Doesn't seem like any hybrid or electric car so far truly has any significant enthusiast base.

OP
OP

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
The Teslas and BMW i8 come to mind as electrified or partially electrified enthusiast cars--the new Acura NSX also.

Threemaples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX, 2011 Hyundai Sante Fe
New Elantra will be Civic competition...but have no fear....they've abandoned their fluid design and gone conservative...as this did with Sonata...yuck...worst dash

R

Btw had a current gen Elantra...good looking car. They sold tons of them in Canada.

OP
OP

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
Hunter, thanks for the link. I think it looks pretty good--much better than I would have thought.

RakSiam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 MINI Cooper Coupe
Now that they are on sale in Korea there are several video reviews up online (some with English subtitles). Seems to be a main complaint about rear seat head and shoulder room. I think it's an intriguing possibility, but agree that it's aimed at Prius while the new Elantra is supposed to be the Civic competition. I do prefer a hatchback though. Supposed to be here in Q3.

OP
OP

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
Yeah, I haven't kept up with the news in this thread, but I'm liking this car more and more as details emerge. I wanted a 2016 hybrid civic with the rumored 2-motor system, but Honda nixed it. So I thought that I would settle for the Civic turbo because at least that gives good fuel economy on the road (if driven right). But the Ioniq has me re-thinking settling for the Civic. The Ioniq will get into the 50mpgs in-town and on the road. It has a lot of great features. We'll have to wait for the NY auto show at the end of next months before we get more details on the US version.
Sponsored