Civic Si Sedan Debuting at NY Auto Show

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
HondaPro Jason is under the impression that the Si will be there. Slightly better than "a source" I guess :rolleyes:

Capture.PNG
Yep I wonder how production ready it will be and if they will have horsepower figures. If neither of these boxes are checked then Honda is seriously fucked up.

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
Come on guys, get back on topic! The CTR has enough threads for you to babble about it.

Today, the NYIAS website finally posted the Media Events Calendar, but unfortunately that was not the information I was seeking. No new information about what is to be showcased by Honda. All we know for sure is the CTR, and two Clarity hybrids will be present. FYI, Acura isn't even listed for having a Press Conference for their TLX reveal (according to vtec.net.) HondaPro Jason claims the Si will be there... I don't think it will be in a form that we haven't already seen, as in.. I don't think it'll be announced at this event in production form... There is no other evidence that this is happening. I hope I am wrong.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
HondaPro Jason claims the Si will be there... I don't think it will be in a form that we haven't already seen, as in.. I don't think it'll be announced at this event in production form... There is no other evidence that this is happening. I hope I am wrong.
Yeah he didn't say "Si sedan". But as I mentioned earlier on this thread, Honda does sometimes make announcements just a couple days before the show, so there's hope indeed. I mean, at the very least what have they got to lose by releasing the specs anyway? It's not like the specs are gonna change between now and when it's shipping to dealerships...

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Yeah he didn't say "Si sedan". But as I mentioned earlier on this thread, Honda does sometimes make announcements just a couple days before the show, so there's hope indeed. I mean, at the very least what have they got to lose by releasing the specs anyway? It's not like the specs are gonna change between now and when it's shipping to dealerships...
They probably have no idea what the spec's are anyway lol.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
They probably have a rough idea. As I said, best guess is around 215-225 with a high efficiency turbo & IC.
I'm still guessing 206. They don't care enough to market the car properly so at what point do they start caring enough to boost the power to a point to create excitement. I'm guessing we see the euro spec 1.5L with 206hp/192torque... (probably plus a few horsepower due to conversion factors).

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I'm still guessing 206. They don't care enough to market the car properly so at what point do they start caring enough to boost the power to a point to create excitement. I'm guessing we see the euro spec 1.5L with 206hp/192torque... (probably plus a few horsepower due to conversion factors).
So, on paper, and/or if you were hoping for an Si hatch, the Focus ST is looking like the best choice. Aside from being a ford with an electric differential.

I guess it's a boon for Honda that Ford doesn't make an ST coupe or sedan.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
So, on paper, and/or if you were hoping for an Si hatch, the Focus ST is looking like the best choice. Aside from being a ford with an electric differential.

I guess it's a boon for Honda that Ford doesn't make an ST coupe or sedan.
Yes I am a huge fan of the ST. Power, performance and price point. Yet I'm dickering around here hoping the Si will be the car I want. I probably should have given up on Honda months back and bought an ST. Sigh. 2 more weeks is all I'm waiting. NY auto show or bust pretty much. At that point I'm beyond needing a new car.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
or the new MK7.5 GTI coming out this year...
True probably. If you're not keeping it until maintenance, it's probably pretty good comparison!

What's in the new Gti now? 2.0T DI?

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's been a 2.0 DI turbo since 2006. In 2009 they went from the fsi to the much improved tsi. 2015 saw more improvement and a power bump (220hp, 258 tq).

This year the new one will have 240+ hp.
By Specs, that's pretty awesome. I really feel the new Si is going to fall short in that regard. I mean they could both drive very similarly, but if you're in the business of making more power the potential of the Si will not match that of the Gti. My guess at least.

From a manufacturer standpoint... how many Original Owners modify their Si's? 25% or less? Why build a car just for them? ( I guess that's what the TypeR is for?)