Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
We've heard from a source that the Civic Si Sedan will debut at the NY Auto Show. Whether it will be a prototype version or the production version we haven't yet been able to confirm, but we're placing our bets that it's the production model.

As for on-sale date? We were told at the Si Coupe launch that Si sales would begin this Spring. Recent rumors have speculated on a possible later release -- in the Summer, though this has not been officially confirmed.

The Si model will come in only coupe and sedan form, with the hatchback being reserved for the Type R.

Press days for the 2017 New York Auto Show kick off on April 12.
Sponsored

Waiting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexes ES350
How reliable is this "source" ?

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmm, the Geneva Motor Show is in March when we are expecting something from Honda on the CTR (hopefully). Maybe they will release the Si coupe, CTR then si sedan. The radio silence from Honda doesn't make much sense to me. We can't even get firm dates on when we will have specs & see production ready vehicles. I can play the waiting game, but curious PR moves (or lack there of) by Honda.

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
At some point they will have played the fiddle (silence) for too long. I personally have crossed that point as it's getting more annoying than anything for the lack of information. Lucky for them I'm patient, otherwise I would already be in a new car, most likely not from Honda...

HondaPro Jason

In The Know
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondaprojason.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
We've heard from a source that the Civic Si Sedan will debut at the NY Auto Show. Whether it will be a prototype version or the production version we haven't yet been able to confirm, but we're placing our bets that it's the production model.

As for on-sale date? We were told at the Si Coupe launch that Si sales would begin this Spring. Recent rumors have speculated on a possible later release -- in the Summer, though this has not been officially confirmed.

The Si model will come in only coupe and sedan form, with the hatchback being reserved for the Type R.

Press days for the 2017 New York Auto Show kick off on April 12.
I will be flying to NY & attending the NY Autoshow for the press days

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Hmm, the Geneva Motor Show is in March when we are expecting something from Honda on the CTR (hopefully). Maybe they will release the Si coupe, CTR then si sedan. The radio silence from Honda doesn't make much sense to me. We can't even get firm dates on when we will have specs & see production ready vehicles. I can play the waiting game, but curious PR moves (or lack there of) by Honda.
I don't see the CTR coming out until after both Si versions are on lots. It would not be unheard of for the car to go on sale at the same time or just a few days after the debut at NYIAS. We could still be looking at (late) spring (April/May) for the Si and June/July for the CTR.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree, the other reason for the CTR to come later is it's assault on The Ring.

Winter in Germany isn't the best time to try for a lap record, and I'm pretty sure Honda wants that in the bag before it goes on sale.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Nice to see this source confirm what I was told. Press release April 12th, Cars available end of may, on lots for sure in June. BAM!

Now that's a Delayed Product!!

Hopefully they know how much horsepower it makes :doh:

Also on the website I notice halogen headlights. Looks good though, really happy to hear some news on my next car!!!
Sponsored