Official: All new Civic Si to debut at LA Auto Show next month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concept_cody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 civic lx sedan
I'll bet its a fk'n dud. I hope it not, but I am kinda feeling we will be let down.

I wanted to buy an Si last year... then the delay... then no news, no sneak peeks, no credible rumours... I bought a different car. I still check back to see whatever happened to the 10th gen Si and still a year later nothing.

If the car is a 1.5T with 220hp I will turn my back on Honda. If its a 2.0T that spells more potential to me, and I will likely be interested but not until the end of next year now as I already bought this spring.

All I can say is there has been no hype over this car. Its such a let down. Look at Hyundai teasing the N series... the exhaust clips of their car on the track... I'm mentioning it right now here on a Honda forum because Hyundai got my attention. If Honda rolls out a 220hp 1.5T Si, I'll wait for the competitors N' Car to come to market :) (and don't rag Hyundai, I'm not a huge fan of theirs but I admit their marketing is atleast more enticing than Honda has been with the absolute silence on the Si).

Pricing will have to be on point too, with how the Golf R is priced and its stats of 0-60 in 4.1 with a DCT ..and AWD... Yes please. Civic Si will have to bring its A game.
As much as I know how right you probably are I really hope you're wrong ha
Sponsored

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic Si HFP, 2017 Golf R
I'll bet its a fk'n dud. I hope it not, but I am kinda feeling we will be let down.

I wanted to buy an Si last year... then the delay... then no news, no sneak peeks, no credible rumours... I bought a different car. I still check back to see whatever happened to the 10th gen Si and still a year later nothing.

If the car is a 1.5T with 220hp I will turn my back on Honda. If its a 2.0T that spells more potential to me, and I will likely be interested but not until the end of next year now as I already bought this spring.

All I can say is there has been no hype over this car. Its such a let down. Look at Hyundai teasing the N series... the exhaust clips of their car on the track... I'm mentioning it right now here on a Honda forum because Hyundai got my attention. If Honda rolls out a 220hp 1.5T Si, I'll wait for the competitors N' Car to come to market :) (and don't rag Hyundai, I'm not a huge fan of theirs but I admit their marketing is atleast more enticing than Honda has been with the absolute silence on the Si).

Pricing will have to be on point too, with how the Golf R is priced and its stats of 0-60 in 4.1 with a DCT ..and AWD... Yes please. Civic Si will have to bring its A game.

I feel the same way exactly.... I want a Si.... I would have bought a Si! But only if it was a 2.0T. I do not have enough faith in Honda to wait. Thats why there is a 2017 Golf R DSG in my garage right now. lol. Sorry Honda. But I am still open to buying a Type R in 2021-2022 year depending on specs of course.

planedoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 6mt, 2015 Highlander V6 AWD, 2017 Accord EX coupe 2.4 6MT
Vehicle Showcase

Not going Hyundai, but, I sure agree about not wanting a 220hp 1.5L. If that's what they show, staying with the EX-T. Now if they do show a 2.0L...., that can be bought for under $25k, I'm paying $21k for the EX-T, sign me up!

TechSIguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My predictions..The Si will look somewhat like the concept revealed in 2015. I mean, it makes sense, I can see that wing, smaller wheels that we saw in the spy pics making it to the production model. If you look at the only spy pics we have you can see the front somewhat resembles the concept, it also has holes in the trunk in the exact spot on where this wing would go. If if does look like this I'm totally fine with it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official: All new Civic Si to debut at LA Auto Show next month! civic_concept_01

Honda Civic 10th gen Official: All new Civic Si to debut at LA Auto Show next month! honda-civic-concept-rear-4-1500x1000

planedoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My predictions..The Si will look somewhat like the concept revealed in 2015. I mean, it makes sense, I can see that wing, smaller wheels that we saw in the spy pics making it to the production model. If you look at the only spy pics we have you can see the front somewhat resembles the concept, it also has holes in the trunk in the exact spot on where this wing would go. If if does look like this I'm totally fine with it.

civic_concept_01.jpg

honda-civic-concept-rear-4-1500x1000.jpg
I could live without the wing, but the rest of it look GREAT!

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
I feel the same way exactly.... I want a Si.... I would have bought a Si! But only if it was a 2.0T. I do not have enough faith in Honda to wait. Thats why there is a 2017 Golf R DSG in my garage right now. lol. Sorry Honda. But I am still open to buying a Type R in 2021-2022 year depending on specs of course.
AWD will ruin you. CTR won't be able to compare to a Golf R.

planedoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was just reading through the LA auto show schedule, and Honda isn't scheduled until Thursday 1:55-2:10pm

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
That's a different agenda altogether for a different audience over sponsorships. Announcement should be 18 hours away...

Last edited:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
AWD will ruin you. CTR won't be able to compare to a Golf R.
Depends on the frame of reference. Great from a dig at the expense of weight/efficiency. Even VW choose to keep its track focused Clubsport FWD.

Admittedly though, the CTR fills a very small niche.

RobDMB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
Is it likely that dealers will stick to MSRP pricing on the Si's for quite some time?

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Status
Not open for further replies.