Official: All new Civic Si to debut at LA Auto Show next month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
They will try, but no, it is just a car. If one dealer won't negotiate on it, there is always another dealer.
Make them compete for your business.
Ah sorry. I meant that they wouldn't go over MSRP... but I didn't account for if they'd be under!!
Sponsored

Cide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Still no leak here on Civicx.com - you guys that run the place, (in Trump voice) "You're Fired!" J/K <3

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Still no leak here on Civicx.com - you guys that run the place, (in Trump voice) "You're Fired!" J/K <3
Seriously? I bet they haven't even gotten half way through their mocha-hazelnut-pumpkin-caramel-chocolate-frappuccinos and you expect an early update on one of the most highly anticipated Civic press releases from the biggest 10th gen forum on the net? Pshhh....

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
If they managed to keep a lid on the production-ready Si except for one slip in June, I think they can keep it on for another few hours.

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
I doubt you would have trouble getting the si under msrp. It has never been an issue for prior generation si's as far as I'm aware.

Edmunds, that car website, is a pretty easy way to check how much dealers are typically willing to sell any given car in your area. I've used them in the past to lock on new car pricing without haggling.

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I expect the Si to be @ MSRP for the first few months, as @Design said - and every dealer will try to put one in the showroom with hideous aftermarket wheels, tint, sunroof deflectors and other useless do-dads and try to sell it for 10k over sticker.

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
itd be absolutely hilarious if dealer try to gouge customers for 10k over msrp on an Si. I almost wish it would happen

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
itd be absolutely hilarious if dealer try to gouge customers for 10k over msrp on an Si. I almost wish it would happen
I'll take some pics. I guarantee it will happen.

I was looking at 2015 Si sedans six months after they came out, and there were several "showroom queens" with 8-10k markups over MSRP (including the "accessories").

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Combing through my old links, I re-familiarized myself with this one from last December:

http://wardsauto.com/engines/honda-powertrain-overhaul-targets-weight-emissions?page=1

That's an interview with Honda's R&D, where he says specifically and unequivocally:
"We adopted the 2.0L turbo on the Civic Type R in October, also in Japan, and will begin mass production of the engine next March [2016] in the U.S. for our Civic lineup"

He doesn't say for the Accord, or for the CTR exclusively - he says a 2.0L turbo for the Civic lineup.

Something to keep in mind as we salivate for the next three hours. ;)

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeah that could be taken a couple ways. But admittedly, using a blanket statement like that infers multiple CivicX models.

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah that could be taken a couple ways. But admittedly, using a blanket statement like that infers multiple CivicX models.
In context, the phrase "the engine" might be referring to the 1.5T mentioned in the previous sentence, but that's not how Wards took it (their picture caption states "Honda launches production of 2.0L VTEC turbo for U.S. market in March.")

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
That's true. But it infers a significantly different 1.5T than what's available in the 2016 models (vs. simply a flash and a few external hard parts).
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.