OP
OP
Drix

Drix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
the rough idle came back earlier today then went away randomly.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had 3 friends kill their motors using Shell gas. Two were B18's and One was a B20. All suffered the exact same issues which then caused damage to the motor. I only use Chevron when possible. If I'm in a pinch, 76 will do. But I haven't used Shell in about 4 years now for that exact reason.

Also, I hope you have the receipt from the gas station and some sort of letter from the service center stating it was bad gas. If you don't have the gas receipt, get a copy of your statement and see if you can get a transaction ID from your financial institution to help back up the claim you purchased the gas from Shell.

If you have those two things, you can go after Shell and file a claim with them. All 3 of my friends were able to get a check from them after a long claim.

Last edited:

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
I've had 3 friends kill their motors using Shell gas. Two were B18's and One was a B20. All suffered the exact same issues which then caused damage to the motor. I only use Chevron when possible. If I'm in a pinch, 76 will do. But I haven't used Shell in about 4 years now for that exact reason.

Also, I hope you have the receipt from the gas station and some sort of letter from the service center stating it was bad gas. If you don't have the gas receipt, get a copy of your statement and see if you can get a transaction ID from your financial institution to help back up the claim you purchased the gas from Shell.

If you have those two things, you can go after Shell and file a claim with them. All 3 of my friends were able to get a check from them after a long claim.
I never had bad experience with Shell fuel. You are scaring me now. Generally I use costco fuel but when I am going on trips I prefer Shell than any other fuels