Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think these are the same as the crv brakes.
Crv and si share the same caliper. Odyssey calipers are dual piston. Single 57mm vs dual 48mm pistons. 311 mm x 26mm rotors vs 320mm x 28mm wide rotors. Pretty large cooling advantage.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hondanickx

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Crv and si share the same caliper. Odyssey calipers are dual piston. Single 57mm vs dual 48mm pistons. 311 mm x 26mm rotors vs 320mm x 28mm wide rotors. Pretty large cooling advantage.
Ok i didn't notice the dual pistons .But the CRV in europe also uses 320 x28mm disc but they have a single piston caliper (57mm).This is however a great budget combo.
But you said you drilled out the knuckle holes to 14mm instead of the 12mm right?
The oddysey uses m14 bolts then.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok i didn't notice the dual pistons .But the CRV in europe also uses 320 x28mm disc but they have a single piston caliper (57mm).This is however a great budget combo.
But you said you drilled out the knuckle holes to 14mm instead of the 12mm right?
That is not correct.

the CRV in Europe has a DUAL piston caliper, much like the one odyssey has, with a 320x28 disc.

In the USA the CRV indeed has a one piston caliper, probably identical to that of the Si. The EUDM front brakes are the best and chepest solution if you come across a used set.

OP
OP
Hondanickx

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is not correct.

the CRV in Europe has a DUAL piston caliper, much like the one odyssey has, with a 320x28 disc.

In the USA the CRV indeed has a one piston caliper, probably identical to that of the Si. The EUDM front brakes are the best and chepest solution if you come across a used set.
You are right anger,for some reason I saw a 1 piston caliper in the European honda catalog but it is a dual piston.:dunno:

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You are right anger,for some reason I saw a 1 piston caliper in the European honda catalog but it is a dual piston.:dunno:
I will upload most likely in a couple of days the full kit I got for the FK7. Still waiting for everything to arrive.
-Front 4pot Brembos with 324x30 slotted discs with Ferodo DS2500(k-system.pro kit)
-Rear Zimmermann 282x10 drilled discs with Ferodo DS2500(pads are FK8,discs can be also used by our American Si friends)
-Hel braided brake lines(FK7 specific with TUV certification)
-4 Eibach 20mm spacers with preinstalled studs.

If all goes well, I will be installing on Monday. I think its the cheapest and best solution for a real brakes upgrade for the FK7. Ideally, someone can skip the TRW slotted 324x30 discs, get the calipers, brackets and pads only and go for the Brembo Xtra 324x30 drilled discs which cost more than 500$ in Europe o_O

BanquoX

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah. I used a 9/16 drill bit so roughly 14.3 mm hole drilled. I tried looking up the rotor specs for the European models. But that information isn't listed in my alldata system or anywhere else I can find online. Which I guess if it was an easily aquired part and fit the same people wouldn't use the nissan rogue rotors here. I'd like to get a set to test if I can find them. I did a few bedding procedures on the way home from work last night and the brakes are starting to bite now. So ill give them a beating later. They already feel substantially better than the si setup I was running. Which I was using hawk pads and stop tech rotors.

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
I think these are the same as the crv brakes.
I think you are referring to the CR-V Hybrid brakes. The regular CR-V calipers are single piston, the Hybrid uses dual piston calipers.

And if I remember correctly, I measured the bolt spacing on the caliper bracket on the CR-V Hybrid and it was the same s Si and FK7. I think at the time I was already considering them for my hatchback.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think you are referring to the CR-V Hybrid brakes. The regular CR-V calipers are single piston, the Hybrid uses dual piston calipers.

And if I remember correctly, I measured the bolt spacing on the caliper bracket on the CR-V Hybrid and it was the same s Si and FK7. I think at the time I was already considering them for my hatchback.
The CRV Hybrid has the same calipers as the 1.5T CRV in Europe, which is dual piston.

What would be interesting for you guys in the USA, is to check the size of the CRV hybrid front rotors and chances are they are also identical to our 1.5T,which is 320x28.

Since you have checked the bolt spacing, the EUDM CRV/CRV Hybrid front brakes should be great bolt-on upgrade for the civic.

BanquoX

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The CRV Hybrid has the same calipers as the 1.5T CRV in Europe, which is dual piston.

What would be interesting for you guys in the USA, is to check the size of the CRV hybrid front rotors and chances are they are also identical to our 1.5T,which is 320x28.

Since you have checked the bolt spacing, the EUDM CRV/CRV Hybrid front brakes should be great bolt-on upgrade for the civic.
What Years for the crv? Any of the newer ones here even the hybrids have single piston calipers similar to si.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What Years for the crv? Any of the newer ones here even the hybrids have single piston calipers similar to si.
That is quite strange. If even MY2021 hybrids run single piston calipers, then the EUDM CRV (or maybe the Odyssey) are the only options.

BanquoX

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is quite strange. If even MY2021 hybrids run single piston calipers, then the EUDM CRV (or maybe the Odyssey) are the only options.
Yeah I agree. If we had 320x28 rotors for the crv available it would certainly make more sense to use those over the nissan rogue 3rd row rotors for hub reasons. I was able to fit modified hub centric rings behind the rotors tho as I did have a slight balance vibration that is now fixed.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I got the front BBK K-system.pro kit installed,with HEL steel brake lines and the Zimmermann rear drilled discs. Ferodo DS2500 on all corners. Used OEM wheels (17x8) and Eibach 20mm spacers all around.

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake Info thread 20220222_100415

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake Info thread 20220222_095946

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake Info thread 20220223_121751

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake Info thread 20220223_170903

Last edited:

anestist

First Name
Anestis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Great job Nick ! I have heard that this is a great improvement. Please give us your feedback and especially with the use of spacers.
I expect my set of parts for front brakes upgrade as well. I have chosen the CRV's dual piston calipers in order not to use spacers or new wheels. After detailed measurements the rotors will be 315X28. 320X28 are used only on the latest gen EU CRV and cannot be installed in our hubs, as the diameter is larger than the caliper's free space. My only problem is that I cannot find any "performance" discs and pads. The only alternatives in the Greek (and as far as I know the EU) market is Brembo, Zimmerman, Mintex and Textar. I don't mention EBC because they are very expensive for what they offer.

BanquoX

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great job Nick ! I have heard that this is a great improvement. Please give us your feedback and especially with the use of spacers.
I expect my set of parts for front brakes upgrade as well. I have chosen the CRV's dual piston calipers in order not to use spacers or new wheels. After detailed measurements the rotors will be 315X28. 320X28 are used only on the latest gen EU CRV and cannot be installed in our hubs, as the diameter is larger than the caliper's free space. My only problem is that I cannot find any "performance" discs and pads. The only alternatives in the Greek (and as far as I know the EU) market is Brembo, Zimmerman, Mintex and Textar. I don't mention EBC because they are very expensive for what they offer.
I'm loving my odyssey caliper setup so far. I have to try alot less to apply meani gful brake pressure

Honda Civic 10th gen Brake Info thread 20220218_171522

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
I'm loving my odyssey caliper setup so far. I have to try alot less to apply meani gful brake pressure

20220218_171522.jpg
The Si should have come with a 2 piston front caliper from the factory considering it's the sportier model and has larger rotors. I'm sure that wouldn't have added much to the cost. Nice work. Looks like you don't have much pad choice though with the Odyssey calipers.