DFWfk8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 FK8
Country flag
Basically when you're just cruising on the highway and the exhaust is so loud that it gets annoying to listen to. The more drone an exhaust it has the more intolerable it generally is when you're just cruising. Imagine a constant loud resonant tone...some people can deal with droney exhausts better than others.
I do like some drone. I had an HKS Hi power cat back on my ‘18 Si coupe and it would drone cruising at 3k rpm.
Sponsored

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
I was same as you and did lots of research, and videos would not do a justice.
I heard AWE touring online and read and saw all the reviews, and also had some people on instagram send me videos and tell me their opinions.
I am running AWE touring exhaust with black chrome tritips.
For me I was between 27won and this one. Both exhaust systems are fairly new and have lots of research and development to make them sound great with zero drone. I would look for one that is fairly new on the market and not one that came out as soon as fk8 arrived. These 2 companies learned from others mistakes and flaws and created a beautifully engineered catback. I really went with AWE because it was about 350 cheaper than 27won and it was more available on other websites which let me finance it. However if I had the money upfront I woould've gone with 27won. They really took all the input from guys on this forum and made one of the nicest sounding and looking exhaust.

I would say from videos that 27won and AWE touring sounded very similar, only difference is the price and overall design. AWE has a resonator and muffler that has 180 technology which eliminates drone.
27Won has side resonators and muffler design different.
Also AWE was solid and had good quality welds, but wasn't the nicest looking, however the 3 black chrome tips are a super nice touch.
27won looks to be very solid, high quality welds and very nice looking. Also, they use a very robust clamp design which makes a very good seal.

After having the AWE touring for 2 weeks,I will try to describe the sound as best as possible:
When shifting 1-4th gear, you get a nice burble, small popping noise which sounds incredible. No fart can here, sounds like a true race car.
Only sounds loud between 2200-3000rpm and around 4000-4500rpm, other times its relatively quite.
No raspyness at all, very deep and throaty, and no drone at all. You can also here turbo a little bit more.
You can get a little small backfire here and there which is nice to hear.

In the car you can listen to music with not problem at all and talk to people just fine.

Here is a sound clip before and after, everything else is stock.
https://drive.google.com/
open?id=1zBywxXc_qXrgDVvnNRSsZUhoEyv3-DYe

The forum won;t let me copy the linke above so I just split it up, copy and past the open?id.... part to end of drive.google.com

OP
OP
DFWfk8

DFWfk8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 FK8
Country flag
I heard AWE touring online and read and saw all the reviews, and also had some people on instagram send me videos and tell me their opinions.
For me I was between 27won and this one. Both exhaust systems are fairly new and have lots of research and development to make them sound great with zero drone. I would look for one that is fairly new on the market and not one that came out as soon as fk8 arrived. These 2 companies learned from others mistakes and flaws and created a beautifully engineered catback. I really went with AWE because it was about 350 cheaper than 27won and it was more available on other websites which let me finance it. However if I had the money upfront I woould've gone with 27won. They really took all the input from guys on this forum and made one of the nicest sounding and looking exhaust.

I would say from videos that 27won and AWE touring sounded very similar, only difference is the price and overall design. AWE has a resonator and muffler that has 180 technology which eliminates drone.
Also AWE was solid and had good quality welds, but wasn't the nicest looking, however the 3 black chrome tips are a super nice touch.
27won looks to be very solid, high quality welds and very nice looking. Also, they use a very robust clamp design which makes a very good seal.

After having the AWE touring for 2 weeks,I will try to describe the sound as best as possible:
When shifting 1-4th gear, you get a nice burble, small popping noise which sounds incredible. No fart can here, sounds like a true race car.
Only sounds loud between 2200-3000rpm and around 4000-4500rpm, other times its relatively quite.
No raspyness at all, very deep and throaty, and no drone at all. You can also here turbo a little bit more.

In the car you can listen to music with not problem at all and talk to people just fine.

https://drive.google.com/
open?id=1zBywxXc_qXrgDVvnNRSsZUhoEyv3-DYe

The forum won;t let me copy the linke above so I just split it up, copy and past the open?id.... part to end of drive.google.com
For some reason it I get the http to load for the clip.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I hear a lot of talk about drone and I have an idea of what I think people are referring to, but would you mind explaining what you define it as?
By definition it's any sort of repetitive noise. For an exhaust it would be a repetitive exhaust noise. They can get annoying, but it depends on frequency and how loud it is. Even the stock FK8 has a very low-frequency drone that isn't that loud (due to the actual frequency).

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It does sound really nice.
thanks tinyman392 for getting the link to work.

I promise you won't be disappointing with this exhaust. Coming from a person who was very picky about choosing the right one. I couldn't stop smiling when I installed this. It sounds like this it truly belongs on the car and that its what it should've sounded like stock. The stock exhaust sounds like a vacuum cleaner, this AWE touring sounds like a real car. I am excited to put a a catted dp and hopefully it will sound better or just as good. But with stock dp it sounds amazing. And if you have the money, definitely go with 27won, its a really good catback too but AWE touring is great for the price, and not a cheap alternative, not to expensive but not so cheap.

Also get the front pipe from whichever exhaust you go with, might as well.

OP
OP
DFWfk8

DFWfk8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 FK8
Country flag
thanks tinyman392 for getting the link to work.

I promise you won't be disappointing with this exhaust. Coming from a person who was very picky about choosing the right one. I couldn't stop smiling when I installed this. It sounds like this it truly belongs on the car and that its what it should've sounded like stock. The stock exhaust sounds like a vacuum cleaner, this AWE touring sounds like a real car. I am excited to put a a catted dp and hopefully it will sound better or just as good. But with stock dp it sounds amazing. And if you have the money, definitely go with 27won, its a really good catback too but AWE touring is great for the price, and not a cheap alternative, not to expensive but not so cheap.

Also get the front pipe from whichever exhaust you go with, might as well.
Does the AWE come with the front pipe?

prbroken

FK8 Mate
First Name
MC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zBywxXc_qXrgDVvnNRSsZUhoEyv3-DYe

Thanks for the post and sound bite, that does sound pretty nice. I'm also shopping around and looking up all the available exhausts. I'm even considering a custom setup, so I can avoid drone and get some crackle and pops.

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the post and sound bite, that does sound pretty nice. I'm also shopping around and looking up all the available exhausts. I'm even considering a custom setup, so I can avoid drone and get some crackle and pops.
You will definitely get crackle and pops, thats what I meant by burble and small pops. The more the exhaust gets broken in the more crackle and pops you get. I like too do this thing when going slow in 3rd gear, I then put clutch in and accelerate from like 2900rpm to 4,000 rpm and you get some backfire and crackling. You also get the burble and crackling when up-shifting in 1st to 4th gears.

prbroken

FK8 Mate
First Name
MC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
You will definitely get crackle and pops, thats what I meant by burble and small pops. The more the exhaust gets broken in the more crackle and pops you get. I like too do this thing when going slow in 3rd gear, I then put clutch in and accelerate from like 2900rpm to 4,000 rpm and you get some backfire and crackling. You also get the burble and crackling when up-shifting in 1st to 4th gears.
That sounds really nice, I'm pretty torn between the AWE and the 27won. From what I'm reading and hearing they are both great exhausts.