amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Did you get your AWE from import image racing? How long did it take for you to get it once you ordered it?
Yes, I did. Make sure to email Josh, for a custom quote and maybe he will give you a small discount. Just politely ask if there are any discounts he can add.
Also import image racing lets you use Klarna, a financing method. I am able to pay this off in a year with 0 interest.
Honda Civic 10th gen Best sounding fk8 exhaust... 1590671182972

Also I ordered it on April 15th and receive in hand on May 15th, AWE makes these as they are ordered so it can take from 2-4 weeks.
Originally I was expecting 3 weeks but it was probably slower due to covid pandemic.
If you call AWE they can tell you how long they would take since it gets shipped directly from them.
Sponsored

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
You're referring to the old r400 exhaust.

The new Q300 is reportedly quieter with no drone.

Invidia is an older exhaust, a lot of people seemed to move on due to drone. If you search, even here, youā€™ll find a ton of opinions and sound clips.

Tomei is more or less brand new on the market. Iā€™ve only seen like two or three posts from people whoā€™ve received them. Iā€™ve only seen one sound clip; it was posted somewhere yesterday.

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
R400 with everything I have sounds great and I daily drive it through winter/summer unlike others. It's all subjective. Some will say one system sounds great, others will say it drones, or is too loud, others too quiet. I've now had two people (from the same grocery store), ask me what I had, as it does "burble/pop?", and their FK8's don't. RV6 DP, was on one of them but not sure on the exhaust itself.

I wish my car was actually louder, but it's fine with a catted PRL DP, PRL intake, Invidia R400 and FP. It sounded great before at after the custom tune so it's just one of those things you need to experience with each car.

I do ...do not like someone saying the "old R400". There are forums on everything, the 300 is just Invidia's quiet exhaust system that they offer for almost every car. Unless you have it, you can't say it drones. I also posted numerous things on the sheet metal in the HB area. line it with something no matter what you have. It's too thin and will cause noise that you wouldn't hear on the outside of the car.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
You're referring to the old r400 exhaust.

The new Q300 is reportedly quieter with no drone.
Awesome to hear the Q300 fixes a lot of the issues :) And you're right, I was referring to the R400.

Retr0JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R/ 2019 Audi A6 45TFSI
Country flag
You can never go wrong with Spoon if you have $2000 for the exhaust.... I don't have that money so I just went for Greddy to keep my car JDM. Later I'll definitely change the Greddy exhaust to the Spoon N1

OP
OP
DFWfk8

DFWfk8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 FK8
Country flag
Iā€™m ended up finding a Tomei Expreme Ti Type-D. So I pulled the trigger on that. Looks great and is JDM. Iā€™ll keep yā€™all posted on it. Itā€™s in transit right now.

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Iā€™m ended up finding a Tomei Expreme Ti Type-D. So I pulled the trigger on that. Looks great and is JDM. Iā€™ll keep yā€™all posted on it. Itā€™s in transit right now.
Thats a good choice, I had no idea for a Titanium exhaust it would be that cheap too. Only thing for me is the double tip, for me its a turnoff because the tri-tip is a unique feature to type R. But if you like it then thats all that matters and its gonna sound sick. Please post videos when you install.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Thats a good choice, I had no idea for a Titanium exhaust it would be that cheap too. Only thing for me is the double tip, for me its a turnoff because the tri-tip is a unique feature to type R. But if you like it then thats all that matters and its gonna sound sick. Please post videos when you install.
It's not all titanium, only the muffler and tips. Someone on the socal type r group has one and is immediately trying to sell it. Apparently it's loud enough to wake a city block lol.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
It's not all titanium, only the muffler and tips. Someone on the socal type r group has one and is immediately trying to sell it. Apparently it's loud enough to wake a city block lol.
Wait, is he selling it because it's not full Ti or is he selling it because it wakes a city block? If the later, I probably could have told him that :p

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wait, is he selling it because it's not full Ti or is he selling it because it wakes a city block? If the later, I probably could have told him that :p
Yeah it has a small resonator and very small mufflers. And the product descirption is very misleading, it says Material: Titanium. They would've tricked me forsure.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you want lots of drone and obnoxious burbles and pop the thermal R&D is for you lol.. I hate mine.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
If you want lots of drone and obnoxious burbles and pop the thermal R&D is for you lol.. I hate mine.
I beg to differ, I would say the AFE Takeda 3 inch is for you. My shit is loud af, going to try a vibrant ultra quiet resonator to quiet it down a bit and help with the drone. I hope I don't lose the burbles and pops

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Does the HKS have any cabin drone while cruising? Or a bad one if it does?
The HKS is on the quieter side of things. Most people who have had the HKS say it doesn't drone much, if at all. Note there are two HKS exhausts, the Legamax and the Spec-L.

barbapapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R Championship White
Country flag
Thank you, I really want the Fujitsubo, but I do like the look and sound of the HKS for less than 1/3rd of the price
Sponsored