DFWfk8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 FK8
Country flag
I am currently looking for an exhaust system for my fk8. I’ve looked at many and watched many different sound clips as well. Sound clips I think are minimally useful I think seeing as each clip is made with different audio and video equipment. I feel like they don’t do them justice because of this and you can’t get an adequate noise level either. So I wanna reach out to my fk8 fam for there opinions. Which exhaust do y’all feel has the most true tuner sound and has the loudest sound level using stock front pipe? I had an HKS Hi power system on my ‘18 Si and I did like the tone even though it was a little quiet I thought at higher RPM range. Right now I’m looking at the HKS Legamax and the 2 Invidia systems. Lemme hear y’all’s take on the subject..
Sponsored

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Country flag
This is like asking folks that the best flavor of ice cream is. There's no such thing as it's all subjective. It looks like you're doing homework by reading reviews and listening to videos (kudos for doing so) but ultimately if you can't hear them in person it's kind of a crap shoot.

I rock the 27won exhaust and will vouch for it 10/10 times. It's deep and mean. Just want I think the type r should sound like.

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Buy what You think sounds good. Everyone is obviously biased towards their own purchase anyways ?

Before the virus crap, you could just meetup with your local CTR FB buddies and compare them in person, now you have to get creative.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
If you're looking for a loudest sound with stock FP, then HKS is one of the quietest exhaust out there. It does sound good though. Other things you should consider is do you want 2 tips or 3 tips.

OP
OP
DFWfk8

DFWfk8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 FK8
Country flag
This is like asking folks that the best flavor of ice cream is. There's no such thing as it's all subjective. It looks like you're doing homework by reading reviews and listening to videos (kudos for doing so) but ultimately if you can't hear them in person it's kind of a crap shoot.

I rock the 27won exhaust and will vouch for it 10/10 times. It's deep and mean. Just want I think the type r should sound like.
You got any pics of it on the car? What’s it run if you don’t mind me asking?

elmoTK

R-00272
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW '17 CTR, '07 TSX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like the sounds of the HKS, Borla, and Remus. I wanted the tripple tips so narrowed it down to Remus and Borla. Ended up ordering the Borla. They are having a big sale now through 5/31. Another plus is they are the exhaust supplier for the HPD Civic Si and Type R touring cars.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I like the sounds of the HKS, Borla, and Remus. I wanted the tripple tips so narrowed it down to Remus and Borla. Ended up ordering the Borla. They are having a big sale now through 5/31. Another plus is they are the exhaust supplier for the HPD Civic Si and Type R touring cars.
I'm running the Borla as well. Part of the reason why I went this direction was that it was somewhat adjustable; more likely to get a sound I liked. Ended up getting it super cheap too (SS was like 1200, black ceramic was 1350, and CF was 1500 when I was shopping). Very happy with it.

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Country flag
You got any pics of it on the car? What’s it run if you don’t mind me asking?
I can take some after it quits storming here. I paid roughly 1700 shipped to my door. Not the cheapest and definitely not the most expensive either haha.

taiso0019

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR | 2022 Veloster N | 2015 TuRD PRO
Country flag
Echoing what everyone here is saying, it really is hard to capture exhaust sounds on video, and it's really a personal preference type of purchase. My shortlist was 27Won, Blitz, Remark, and AWE.

Criteria was:
  • tone > loudness (stock its not a great sounding engine)
  • 3 tips
  • Darker finish, was not looking for a silver/chrome look
27WON looks really well built but the finish and sound clips weren't what I was looking for in the end.

Blitz ended up being way overpriced for the sound (again, hard to make a choice just on a couple YT clips) and the red/carbon tips don't really go with the car.

The outer tips on the Remark should have been double walled, but the welds and finish are impeccable. Also needed just a bit more volume and the tip choices just weren't what I wanted in the end.

Went with AWE, there's a few good clips on YT that really pick up a lot of the nuances. Check the thread in this sub-forum if you're curious on the look/sound. Great tone, some pops, and not overtly loud. Room for when the DP is upgraded.

OP
OP
DFWfk8

DFWfk8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 FK8
Country flag
Anyone running the invidia? How about the Tomei?

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the HKS Legamax and personally I love it. Been using it for over a year now. What I like especially is that from the outside, there's a lot more than just what sounds like wind noise that you get from the OEM exhaust (sounds like a vacuum cleaner, really). So people can hear you coming, but it's not over the top loud. Plus, inside, when you're cruising, there's very little drone to worry about. I don't mind the dual tip design as much as I thought I would either.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Anyone running the invidia? How about the Tomei?
Invidia is an older exhaust, a lot of people seemed to move on due to drone. If you search, even here, you’ll find a ton of opinions and sound clips.

Tomei is more or less brand new on the market. I’ve only seen like two or three posts from people who’ve received them. I’ve only seen one sound clip; it was posted somewhere yesterday.

OP
OP
DFWfk8

DFWfk8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 FK8
Country flag
Invidia is an older exhaust, a lot of people seemed to move on due to drone. If you search, even here, you’ll find a ton of opinions and sound clips.

Tomei is more or less brand new on the market. I’ve only seen like two or three posts from people who’ve received them. I’ve only seen one sound clip; it was posted somewhere yesterday.
I hear a lot of talk about drone and I have an idea of what I think people are referring to, but would you mind explaining what you define it as?

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hear a lot of talk about drone and I have an idea of what I think people are referring to, but would you mind explaining what you define it as?
Basically when you're just cruising on the highway and the exhaust is so loud that it gets annoying to listen to. The more drone an exhaust it has the more intolerable it generally is when you're just cruising. Imagine a constant loud resonant tone...some people can deal with droney exhausts better than others.
Sponsored