Are 18x9.5+45 wheels not aggressive enough?

SpooRk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR LE
Country flag
I know this is pretty subjective.. I prefer the flush look. I'm looking to get some new wheels.. I've had 18x9.5+38 before, so I don't need help with "will it rub or not". I'm pretty settled on the 18x9.5 TE37sl. Problem is they have this new spec that comes in +45. I get very indecisive when it comes down to making choices like this. I would prefer to get something that doesn't rub, but I know you sometimes have to slightly rub or make mods if you want a pretty flush look. Question is.. is the +45 not aggressive enough..? Looking down the side of the car, are the wheels too recessed? I'm looking to pair it with spoon springs.
Sponsored

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Couldn't you use 5mm spacers for an effective +40 offset?

OP
OP
SpooRk

SpooRk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR LE
Country flag
Couldn't you use 5mm spacers for an effective +40 offset?
I could.. does the +40 not still rub tho? It would only be 2mm diff than getting the old +38 spec and cost about $400 more.

I’d be going with the advan apex in 265/35, which is not too square/wide

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I could.. does the +40 not still rub tho? It would only be 2mm diff than getting the old +38 spec and cost about $400 more.

I’d be going with the advan apex in 265/35, which is not too square/wide
In regards to the Type R, I couldn't say. I was merely commenting on your concern about whether +45 is aggressive enough.

I know that I have zero rub with 265/35R18 on 18x9.5+45 on my Si, and I'm quite pleased with the flushness. It's my understanding that the Type R has a smidge more room to work with before rubbing is an issue (correct me if I'm wrong). A small benefit of wheels with less-aggressive offsets is that you can always use spacers.

GavinOC

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R Boost Blue Pearl
Country flag
Would you consider a reverse staggered tire size?

ET45 looks great with a 275mm tire up front.

Is the car stock height or lowered?

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Question is.. is the +45 not aggressive enough..? Looking down the side of the car, are the wheels too recessed? I'm looking to pair it with spoon springs.
If you actually drive the car hard the +45 is better, especially on stock springs as the car will lean and rub the edge of the tire in hard cornering

Looks are subjective
An aggressive setup to me would be an 18x10.5 with a 315 on it ....meat = aggressive
Flush = pretty boy flex on narrow tires lol

I run a 18x9.5 Titan which comes with the +45 - stock suspension on RE71RS tires - if someone doesn't think my fitment is aggressive enough maybe the 566whp will change their mind lol

I drive the car hard so I prefer having some space to avoid rub - ill be moving to a 10.5 wide wheel for more stick up front. Pot holes, dips, etc at high speeds are more of a concern then running Hella flush for me. The old 10.7 wide titans were a touch too wide for most but I think if you're buying volks ordering a 10.5 upfront is worth the price for the added rubber 305 > 265

Dagger ran an 18x11 315 on his R - think he sold those and moved to another set of volks but they looked VERY aggressive to me with -3 or -4 degrees of camber lol

+45 9.5s look much much better than stock tho.....everytime I see a stock R it looks like an old train to me with the wheels so far in. Plus they are on narrow 245 rubber bands which doesn't help either.

265 or even 275 on 9.5 +45 should look fine....as stated tho I would want a 10.5 wide front wheel set if I have a choice....265 fit good in the rear...275 needs a little trimming on the inner area/lip.

Cheers

ChrisIssaeian

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The +38 is a really nice setup. Paired with some 265's, the wheel has enough poke where it looks somewhat aggressive. You can easily get away with running this setup without cutting,rolling fenders. And you can add a tiny bit of camber too to help, and you wont need too much.
Sponsored