An oil change unearths a really strange situation.

Groundcontrol

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR
Country flag
I have attempted to get an oil change at my local Honda dealership several times, only to find out that the line is hours long and people are requesting their cars back so they could leave. I stopped trying after a couple of attempts and kept going to the next closest Honda dealership. I was driving by recently and saw that the local Honda dealership is now under new management. I made an appointment and was pleasantly surprised by how quick they were able to do the oil change. That was when things started to get weird. I requested twice to the employee that took my car that it not be washed since the CTR wing gets hung up sometimes, so I know to avoid it. They pull the car around and it has been washed. That is annoying, but nothing is broken so I don't really care that much. I wait for them to call my name to come pay, but that same employee is looking right at me but calling me by the wrong name. I tell them that is my car but not my name as I get brought to the front to pay. They pull up my car by the VIN number and their system says it is owned by someone else. I am the original owner, so this is obviously wrong. They double check the VIN number and it is my VIN number but the wrong person. I take a closer look and the address on the paperwork is obviously fake. The cashier doesn't care and just wants me to pay even though all the information is wrong on the paperwork. I decide it isn't work the trouble so I pay and go home. A couple days later I get an email from the dealership that they were sorry I missed my appointment but they would gladly reschedule me. So now I am annoyed. I dig deeper and find out that the person who is listed as owning my car has been arrested in the last couple of years. Interesting. I continue to dig deeper and see that this person either is employed at the dealership, or was previously employed there. I can't figure out why they would use my VIN number and claim it is theirs unless they are using it to buy CTR parts. That is the only thing I can think of. Who do I even talk to at the dealership about this so it can be corrected? I want them to know they have an employee (or former employee) that is doing shady things with customer information.
Sponsored

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Go straight for manager at dealership and express your findings

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OP, that's crazy and totally messed up. I might actually contact Honda corporate instead of the dealership because they sound shady AF. On the other hand, it could be someone who was part of the previous dealership crew and you might want to contact the current general manager with your story.

Good luck.

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R - Boost Blue; 2024 Civic Touring - SGP
Country flag
If the dealership or Honda can't/don't/won't help, I'd have a chat with the local sheriff.

There's always the chance that this is a simple clerical error. But, if it looks like something else is happening, ...
Sponsored