d15b7

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 1995 Civic EG K24/20 EFR7163 Fortune Auto track weapon
Country flag
hi there. i'm not quite understanding why the removal of the airbox is needed; can't you just fill it by pumping it in through the check/fill hole in the side? I haven't done this service yet (only 11k miles on mine) but will be doing it this summer. thanks!
Sponsored

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
hi there. i'm not quite understanding why the removal of the airbox is needed; can't you just fill it by pumping it in through the check/fill hole in the side? I haven't done this service yet (only 11k miles on mine) but will be doing it this summer. thanks!
Iā€™m only at 2,000 and Iā€™m doing it

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
That's if you want to fill from the top. If you fill from the side you will need to pump the fluid while the car is level. For me its just easier to measure the fluid and fill from the top. Intake removal only takes me a few minutes.

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Unfortunately not, unless you have a very thin flexible PVC pipe 6mm in diameter (the size of the check-fill bolt). Itā€™s A small bolt.

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 FK8, ā€˜19 XC60 R-Design, ā€˜17 ZL1, ā€˜02 SS
Country flag
Just do it from the top. Youā€™ll spend more time pumping and cleaning up oil than you will removing the box.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
For the air box removal, I found that you can remove it more easily than I described earlier in the thread. Simply remove the rubber inlet hose that is secured with two 5.5mm hose clamp bolts. Then unscrew the two 10mm bolts holding the box, and then the plastic clip securing one of the main electrical conduit wires going to the POS(+) terminal. Then, slowly pull the box out.

Bonong96

First Name
Morville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I found and bought a replacement magnetic transmission drain plug for the Civic Type R.

The transmission drain plug size is a M20x1.5x14.

Like I mentioned earlier, a company called Dimple from the Carolinas makes very good magnetic drain plugs for various applications. I had one for the longest time on a previous car and was impressed with the longevity of the plug.

Here is a side-by-side (profile) view of the Dimple drain plug on top, and the Honda OEM transmission drain plug on the bottom. I tried my best to illustrate how much space each occupies past the point of contact (with the edge of the box), and found that both plugs span the same length, which is exactly what you want so as not to make contact with anything else in the pan.

ZMtKwuc.jpg

As an alternative, Mishimoto also makes a drain plug this size, except it is made of aluminum and has a magnet that protrudes more like a tip. My only concern would be making sure that the tip does not make contact with anything else. If it doesnā€™t make contact, then it would be a suitable replacement plug.

FYI - the magnetic force on the Dimple plug is really strong, so be careful getting it near objects. I would compare the strength of it to the same force that NiteEyez cellphone holders use.

The torque spec for the Dimple is 18 ft-lbs.
Mine is more rounded but the quality is so good it can lift 2-3lbs of weights. I bought oem honda washers too, honda oem washer are way more thicker. Here are some picture

Honda Civic 10th gen Oil change and transmission fluid change E9254B9B-7D94-447E-AFBB-93EC8F01A900

Honda Civic 10th gen Oil change and transmission fluid change B4CA850D-BAA4-40D6-95C6-B3F42B29F812

Honda Civic 10th gen Oil change and transmission fluid change 42D2063E-9B4A-4822-976A-FC8D31415219

Honda Civic 10th gen Oil change and transmission fluid change 50BF8C72-E558-4E64-AE6E-5A33533CCD39

Honda Civic 10th gen Oil change and transmission fluid change 9E729F15-9D35-44FD-BDEF-333F80C1A90E

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Iā€™ve been working overseas due to job requirements since COVID-19 hit the US. Obviously, my car is in storage in the states, but when I return, I might be shopping for a 2022 CTR :D. Hope all is well?
Sponsored