A/C Condenser Order Time

rjschof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX w/ Sensing
Country flag
I wanted to set up a thread for just collecting how long it took to get A/C Condensers replaced under the extended warranty.

I have a 2016 Civic EX and I took mine into the shop on July 13, 2020. Part is on backorder, and I'm still waiting.
Sponsored

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
I got my quote June 4, 2020. My parts came in the last week of July. Depending on the dealership that you went to will also determine when you will receive yours.

OP
OP

rjschof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got my quote June 4, 2020. My parts came in the last week of July. Depending on the dealership that you went to will also determine when you will receive yours.
How does the dealership impact the timing? Wouldn’t they just fulfill orders in the same sequence they receive them? Or am I being naïve ?

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
How does the dealership impact the timing? Wouldn’t they just fulfill orders in the same sequence they receive them? Or am I being naïve ?
Others were able to get it in a week or less.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did the dealer check for a leak ( and where is the leak ) or he just order a new condenser
Dis dealer say A/C will work free of charge with new condenser ?
No other parts ( $$$ at your expense ) needed ?

OP
OP

rjschof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did the dealer check for a leak ( and where is the leak ) or he just order a new condenser
Dis dealer say A/C will work free of charge with new condenser ?
No other parts ( $$$ at your expense ) needed ?
The dealer will follow the instructions on the TSB for the extended warranty to determine whether your vehicle qualifies. Some dealerships are more strict than others, though. Mine got fixed last Monday, Aug. 17. It was just over one month for them to get the part for me and install it.

During the install, they did “discover” a leak in one of the lines that feeds the condenser, as well. That part was $95.00, and there was no cost for labor since they were already doing all the work to replace the condenser. Since the condenser is being replaced under warranty, there is no cost for recharging the AC system after it’s been installed.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
During the install, they did “discover” a leak in one of the lines that feeds the condenser, as well. That part was $95.00, and there was no cost for labor since they were already doing all the work to replace the condenser.

The mechanic may break the hose when working on condenser

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
I wanted to set up a thread for just collecting how long it took to get A/C Condensers replaced under the extended warranty.

I have a 2016 Civic EX and I took mine into the shop on July 13, 2020. Part is on backorder, and I'm still waiting.
After they checked it to confirm its the condenser, took just over a week to get the part.

Legendary 88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
At my dealer it took 2 days to get the part. That Aug. 18th
Sponsored