OP
FedCO

FedCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Honda Civic LX 2.0l 6spd
Country flag
3rd time trying to use the A/C in my brand new car, and it blows hot air. I take it up to the dealership to get it fixed under my regular warranty or the extra warranty I paid extra for. A pebble hit the condenser and it is not covered. They refuse to pay for it.
Car specs: 2019 civic sport (black) 4862 miles on the clock.

Let's rewind to 2012. There was a class action lawsuit filed against Honda for this VERY SAME THING, only on a different model. Honda ended up paying out 40million and offered to put a protective screen in front of the condensers prone to road debris damage. WHY ISN'T THIS BEING DONE NOW!?!?!?! Honda has obviously known about these problems, and is still producing cars that are prone to damage through no fault of the consumer.

I did some research and stumbled upon this: https://bergermontague.com/cases/honda-civic-ac-lawsuit/
A NEW class action that is just getting started for 2015-2019, hop on in you guys. Get your hard earned money back.
Total bs isn't it. Sadly us Canadians have no recourse it seems. Honda left me high and dry. Also Honda paint still sucks as well. Almost at 60k now and no real issues. Rear brakes were toast though. So had to replace rears Fronts were mint..
Sponsored

Sitio23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EX Civic
Country flag
So I just got my quote to replace the AC in my car. Picture attached. Does anyone recommend another service area besides the dealer in Los Angeles, CA? Seems a bit steep if you ask me.

Honda Civic 10th gen Sad day, AC condenser broken by stone IMG-1410.JPG

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
So I just got my quote to replace the AC in my car. Picture attached. Does anyone recommend another service area besides the dealer in Los Angeles, CA? Seems a bit steep if you ask me.

IMG-1410.JPG
$150 !! there must be more below that we cannot see on that Invoice.
You can't get much done at a Dealership for just $150 -- is that just the cost of the Diagnosis..

If so, what is the estimated cost of the repair ??

Sitio23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EX Civic
Country flag
$150 !! there must be more below that we cannot see on that Invoice.
You can't get much done at a Dealership for just $150 -- is that just the cost of the Diagnosis..

If so, what is the estimated cost of the repair ??

It is to the left. Estimated price is $1,950.57! However, I just took it to a friends shop and he was able to make it "work". Not the best solution but the cheapest for right now.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
It is to the left. Estimated price is $1,950.57! However, I just took it to a friends shop and he was able to make it "work". Not the best solution but the cheapest for right now.
OMG $1,950.57 That would be funny if it wern't so sad !!

Good to hear it's working again... ( quick top up ? )

You can get a lot of Top-Ups for $1950 !!

GoodBytes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
What I have done, is bought aluminium black colored (so you don't see it) insect screen for windows, which you can easily find at your local hardware store, and some black metal tie wraps/twigs from the dollar store.
Cut a rectangular peace, slide it under the opening of the car large vent holes (and now for the tricky part, but obviously much easier if you remove the bumper of bottom access panel.. I didn't do this as I don't have the tools), unroll it inside without touching the condenser, used the tie wrap, bent a bit, then go through the hole of the window screen, and attempt at passing through another opening and attach it on the bumper plastic separators in the vent opening. Once you are happy with the results, make sure the tie wrap are secured, and cut the excess. Note sure nothing is loose (else it will make noise as you drive)

If you didn't remove the bumper, or lift the car to access the panel, and you want to do a good job, you are looking at about 3h of work.
If you do take your time, and you have serious patience in trying multiple times to attach the tie wraps, especially if you want them close to the bumper vent separators, and you want them to put at the top and bottom of each vent, for a secure fit and be the least visible as possible, you'll end up with something that is not visible at all unless looking up close and down.

You can do a better job, and faster, if you know how (and have the tools) to remove the bumper. I didn't. If you don't mind paying, maybe ask a mechanic as another option to have that installed.
Sponsored