Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So my A/C is blowing hot air.

I received the letter for the recall but I have a couple of questions..

I am FBO with a 27WON turbo.

First question,
Would I get denied for being modded?
If so, how would said mods affect A/C

If not..

Second question, would flashing to stock and driving it be fine?
Because I have a feeling they are going to "test drive" the car to make sure everything is working.
I don't want something to happen if they do drive the car.

I was already planning on getting a dash-cam, to make sure if they do blow up my car (just thinking the worse) I have proof that it was them.
Fun Fact: Don't watch Youtube videos of people with dash-cams bringing in their cars for service. It ain't pretty.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Just my thoughts...

If the issue is a non-damaged condenser; I would think that would be fairly strait up. I don't see how any mods would cause that to fail.

If it's the compressor; it could get complicated. But still... if the engine isn't over-revving; I don't see how that could damage the compressor.

My dealership unplugged my dash cam last time. And it's a little iffy re: recording audio with them if you're not a 'party' to a conversation.

My dealership documented my mods for their records.

I ain't no lawyer or mechanic. Grain of salt and all that jazz.

Good luck.

OP
OP
iamrealskinny

iamrealskinny

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just my thoughts...

If the issue is a non-damaged condenser; I would think that would be fairly strait up. I don't see how any mods would cause that to fail.

If it's the compressor; it could get complicated. But still... if the engine isn't over-revving; I don't see how that could damage the compressor.

My dealership unplugged my dash cam last time. And it's a little iffy re: recording audio with them if you're not a 'party' to a conversation.

My dealership documented my mods for their records.

I ain't no lawyer or mechanic. Grain of salt and all that jazz.

Good luck.
That was what I was thinking..
I have yet to over-rev my car.

I just don't want them to deny the fix because of my mods even though they don't even relate to said issue.

As for the dash-cam, I was going to let them know that I have it equipped and what not.

Thanks for the reply!

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
So my A/C is blowing hot air.

I received the letter for the recall but I have a couple of questions..

I am FBO with a 27WON turbo.

First question,
Would I get denied for being modded?
If so, how would said mods affect A/C

If not..

Second question, would flashing to stock and driving it be fine?
Because I have a feeling they are going to "test drive" the car to make sure everything is working.
I don't want something to happen if they do drive the car.

I was already planning on getting a dash-cam, to make sure if they do blow up my car (just thinking the worse) I have proof that it was them.
Fun Fact: Don't watch Youtube videos of people with dash-cams bringing in their cars for service. It ain't pretty.

Thoughts?
If they "blow up your car" because it was brought in a mistuned/modded condition that would blow it up by just driving it, that would still be your fault. So a camera won't help in such case. Your blown engine would be blamed on your modding. These civics generally don't blow up during test drives. It's not like "you drove it, so it's your fault."

OP
OP
iamrealskinny

iamrealskinny

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If they "blow up your car" because it was brought in a mistuned/modded condition that would blow it up by just driving it, that would still be your fault. So a camera won't help in such case. Your blown engine would be blamed on your modding. These civics generally don't blow up during test drives. It's not like "you drove it, so it's your fault."
Understandable.
But, seeing as they are only changing a condenser they shouldn’t have to test drive the car right? Like I said, just thinking the worst. I just don’t like the idea of people driving my car is all.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Understandable.
But, seeing as they are only changing a condenser they shouldn’t have to test drive the car right? Like I said, just thinking the worst. I just don’t like the idea of people driving my car is all.
I believe for the diagnosis, AC part replacement and recharge work they don't bother to test drive, they just idle the hell out of it, plus they rev up occasionally.
Except of course they need to drive it in and aut of the shop.

OP
OP
iamrealskinny

iamrealskinny

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I believe for the diagnosis, AC part replacement and recharge work they don't bother to test drive, they just idle the hell out of it, plus they rev up occasionally.
Except of course they need to drive it in and aut of the shop.
Thanks for putting me at ease.

I guess I'll schedule that appointment then.
Sponsored