91 Limited Edition Type R's Still For Sale

100cars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Country flag
Just wanted to get thoughts on this. I just searched autotrader and there are still 91 of these available as of June 23. Do y'all think the demand has dried up? I called a couple dealers to make sure the cars still exist and are available, and they do .
Sponsored

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
Just wanted to get thoughts on this. I just searched autotrader and there are still 91 of these available as of June 23. Do y'all think the demand has dried up? I called a couple dealers to make sure the cars still exist and are available, and they do .
Pretty sure demand isn't drying up, just not that many people have 65k to drop on a "Civic"

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
I believe it, dealers are marking them up 75-90k+ here and not budging. Not many people going to be paying that.

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I could see a dealer purposely marking these up so that it sits on their showroom floor for as long as possible. If it sells for what they are asking for, I’m sure they would take it, otherwise they will let it sit there just for the foot traffic alone.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
my buddy sent me a pic of one on a show room. I checked that dealers website and it's not even listed

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's great! Let me go pick one up after my flight with Bezos.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
The demand not being there would be the case if the LE and non LE were being sold at a discount, they're not. The amount of time and BS I went through to get my LE in April/May was unreal, the dealers that have LEs are hanging on to them without any willingness to negotiate, and in some cases (Avenues Honda here in Jacksonville), not willing to sell them.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I could see a dealer purposely marking these up so that it sits on their showroom floor for as long as possible. If it sells for what they are asking for, I’m sure they would take it, otherwise they will let it sit there just for the foot traffic alone.
I’ve never understood this mindset. The average Honda buyer could not care less about a $70K yellow Civic. Honda’s bread and butter is CRV’s and Pilots.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
They will let the car sit.....they dont care about sales on these. They get more volume out of other cars on the lot. We are enthusiasts last on their minds

OP
OP

100cars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Country flag
The demand not being there would be the case if the LE and non LE were being sold at a discount, they're not. The amount of time and BS I went through to get my LE in April/May was unreal, the dealers that have LEs are hanging on to them without any willingness to negotiate, and in some cases (Avenues Honda here in Jacksonville), not willing to sell them.
Can you tell me a bit more about what you had to go through? Or point me to a thread?

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
The demand is there, but even enthusiasts aren't going to pay that high a markup. The Phoenix yellow CTR is my dream car, but I'm not making house payments to own one.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
be interesting to see the prices of those 91 LEs

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Can you tell me a bit more about what you had to go through? Or point me to a thread?
You'll read stories here:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/2021-civic-type-r-le-transit-and-dealer-spreadsheet.57249/

Dealers just seemed to have no motivation to sell the LE. They didn't care how interested or legitimate you were as a buyer, they were happy to demand $15-$20k over MSRP (sometimes $100k+ sale price per Honda Ocala and Coggin Honda St Augustine) and show no interest in making a real offer or entertaining real offers. Only two dealers treated me normally in the 50 or so I called, Apple Tree Honda in Asheville NC and Jenkins Honda in FL (which is where I bought mine, for $5k over MSRP). Apple Tree sold theirs for $5k over as well.

I spoke to dealers who had their LE since December in South Florida, and still have them today, prime example of not caring to sell the vehicle. My local dealer, Honda of the Avenues, has had theirs since February on the showroom floor, with a sticker on it saying, "not for sale".

Just an odd, painful buying experience, and I know folks like @flacobill can attest as well.

jrho

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R LE (#30 CAD), 2004 S2000
Country flag
I feel some dealers are just using the LEs as an attraction in their show room. In Canada it was a pre-order system however if you backed out of the sale, the dealer it was allocated to would take possession. There's a dealer in my province that got an LE this way and they're asking $85k for it (Canada MSRP is $56k or around $61k out the door). Doubt they're going to be selling it anytime soon.

RedBullHondaF1

Banned
Banned
First Name
Speed Maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, 2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
They're all ridiculously marked up. For the price some of these dealers want you can get anything from a new Supra 3.0 to a new G80 M3/M4 to a new 911 in some cases. Absurd.
Sponsored