Tiago Monteiro Type R FK8 Limited Edition

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
This stattement is false and unfair. I am portuguese and my CTR FK8 GT cost me 48,600 EUR including 5 years warranty, Type R car mats and one year circulation tax.
Plus, you shoul first check the price of the BMW X6 with dealers in Portugal before spreading fake prices
Thanks for the correction. Anyway you paid like a 21% higher price compared to usual EU prices. I suspect for larger engines(>2L)/cars the taxes are even higher. I did a quick config on bmw.pt for base Bmw 3.0d and is already 109k EUROS without adding anything on top. See link: https://www.bmw.pt/pt/ssl/configurator.html#/KV21//F16X/esl/new/
A colleague (from Porto region) told us about it. He did the X6 config on the Bmw Portugal web-page. I'd check the price directly with dealers in Portugal but I'm not very strong on Portuguese language.
Obrigadisimo

BTW you must be doing pretty well in Portugal affording to spend 50k on a car(not too shabby). Ex public sector high level employee, EU institutions ex-functionaire?
Sponsored

Last edited:

JayeGee

JaysCTR2528
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 EK HATCH EJ6 & 2017 CTR FK8
Country flag
Honda will launch in Portugal a limited special version of the Civic Type R , sponsored by the Portuguese driver Tiago Monteiro, who represents the brand in the WTCR.

It's called Civic Type R # 18 Tiago Monteiro and it's a limited edition to 18 units of the sport of the Japanese brand. The 18 is an allusion to the number that Tiago Monteiro has used in his cars of competition for several years "a number that already brought me many joys, from very young, even when I still did not dream of being a professional pilot" confided the Portuguese pilot. In addition, it coincides with the launch year of this special version, 2018, being the first variant that Honda authorizes to be made around the world, from its most iconic sport. Monteiro participated in the definition of this special version, choosing some of the details of decoration that differentiates it, such as the mirrors painted red: "in the competition Honda team, as the cars have the same decorations, the way to distinguish them is by the color of the mirrors and my color has always been red. " All units will be available exclusively in Championship White.

div" data-cycle-speed="1000" data-cycle-swipe="false" data-cycle-tile-count="7" data-cycle-tile-delay="100" data-cycle-tile-vertical="true" data-cycle-timeout="4000" style="box-sizing: inherit; position: relative; overflow: hidden; height: 556.875px;">
IMG_20180410_133302-960x600.jpg

• TiagoMonteiro-2.jpg

• TiagoMonteiro-3.jpg

• TiagoMonteiro-4.jpg

• IMG_20180410_133225-1.jpg

• TiagoMonteiro-6.jpg

• TiagoMonteiro-5.jpg

• IMG_20180410_133350.jpg

• IMG_20180410_133322.jpg

• IMG_20180410_133302.jpg

• IMG_20180410_133254.jpg

• IMG_20180410_133233.jpg
The bodywork also includes central pillars with a carbon fiber application, material that is also used for the horizontal plane of the rear wing. In addition, there are two discrete signs on each of the front doors that identifies this version. Inside, there is a numbered plaque from 1 to 18 with the autograph of the pilot and two other signs with the # 18 on the back of the front seats.

The biggest technical difference is the replacement of the rear exhaust pan and the three outputs by a set supplied by Remus, duly homologated by Honda: "Type R lacked a slightly more emotional sound" thus justifies Tiago Monteiro the inclusion of this new exhaust that increases power by 10 hp, making the Type R # 18 Tiago Monteiro a total of 330 hp.

Buyers of this limited series will also receive the offer of a box with some souvenirs, such as a personalized key ring, a catalog autographed by Monteiro and a cartoon about the six years that the Portuguese already takes as Honda's official driver, made to the best Michel Vaillant style. The delivery of the 18 units is scheduled for mid-year and will be held in a common event where all buyers and their new cars will be reunited with the driver.

Tiago Monteiro missed the first round of the new WTCR championship, which began this year as a result of injuries sustained in an accident last September during tests for the WTCC championship, which he led at the time. Monteiro also said that doctors will not allow him to participate in this year's second race, hoping for a full recovery, especially at sight level, until he can get the wheel of his Civic Type R WTCR.

All the work of transformation of this version will be made in Portugal and Honda announced a price of 55 900 euros for this limited edition, plus 6000 euros that the GT series version, expecting a demand higher than the offer. Since November 2017, the Civic Type R has already sold in 36 units in our country.
the first picture at first glance i thought it was ryan reynolds 20yrs fron now lol

rydereclipse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #889, 2016 Honda Odessey Touring Elite, 2017 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso
Country flag
Going in a different direction than price...

It is interesting to me that Honda, or some Honda dealer, chose..out of all the exhausts available..to go with a Remus exhaust set up..

Not knocking Remus AT ALL..just find it interesting
Sponsored