35 days after putchase, Civic Si getting traded in. Bye Bye Si!

Stock_07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Great pickup - I really like the Accord. I test drove the 1.5T 6MT and was pleasantly surprised.

That said, I would definitely miss the ADS, bolstering and the LSD from the Si. I can't say the Accord's 2.0T would have won me over, but it's nice they have that combo available.
How was the 1.5 in manual vs your Si? I drove a 1.5t cvt and it feels slower then the touring 1.5t civic.
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
It's a bit heavier and felt a little sluggish coming out of the corners. And the shifter throws were much longer than the Si's. I'd say it's a tad faster than the base 1.5T.

OP
OP
Dy2_Str33t_King

Dy2_Str33t_King

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White Civic Si Sedan
How many miles did you put on the Si?
I had 800 miles on it when I traded it in. 120 of those came from the dealer driving the car from Indianapolis back to our hometown dealership.

I got a chance to sit in an Accord today. I didn't drive it because I didn't want to waste too much of their time since I'm not serious about trading my car in for an Accord. I went in with an open mind and I have to say, I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. After quite a few members stated it was vastly superior to the Civic's interior, I was expecting it to be as much. But honestly, the look and feel are very similar. Lots of textured hard plastics everywhere with decent amounts of soft touch plastic in strategic places. It has hard textured plastics on the lower half of the door panels, on the center console and on the dash. Places we touch more often do indeed have soft touch plastics. But really, I wouldn't call it an improvement. The Civic has a similar layout. I was expecting better but considering it's low starting cost, $24k MSRP, I shouldn't have been. On a related note, there was a KIA dealer next door and I had a chance to sit in the Stinger. I sat in the Stinger with the GT1 package. Now that car has a superior interior. A bargain if you think about it. RWD, 5 door hatchback, 4.4 second 0-to-60, 0.93g of grip, 10 year powertrain warranty, all for $38k. Damn.
Yeah I don't know the difference in the base $24k Accord and the $31k Accord Sport that I purchased but from the pictures, the interiors are different and the Sport has a much better interior with the leather/cloth combo. There are a lot of leather components on the inside of the Sport. I didn't even look at a base because I knew I wanted the 2.0T 6mt. If you get a chance, just go check out a sport or a touring, it SHOULD leave a better impression on you.

splat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si
Country flag
Do the Accord Sports have upgraded suspension or steering vs the base model? I recently put 100 miles on a loaner '18 Accord 1.5T CVT and I was quite underwhelmed. Steering was light and vague. I learned I don't care for CVT's, I'd rather have a 6+ speed traditional automatic.

I did like the leathery bits on the door arm rests vs the Si's fabric, but the seats themselves reminded me of the too-flat seats in my old '15 Fit. The car also felt slow compared to even the Civic EX-T manual I test-drove.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Only the Touring has an upgraded suspension. But it's still not as aggressive as the Si's.

The steering racks on the Accords are all the same. A little less precise/nimble but still very good for a mid-sized sedan. The Si's rack provides a good amount of feedback over the Accord's.

OP
OP
Dy2_Str33t_King

Dy2_Str33t_King

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do the Accord Sports have upgraded suspension or steering vs the base model? I recently put 100 miles on a loaner '18 Accord 1.5T CVT and I was quite underwhelmed. Steering was light and vague. I learned I don't care for CVT's, I'd rather have a 6+ speed traditional automatic.

I did like the leathery bits on the door arm rests vs the Si's fabric, but the seats themselves reminded me of the too-flat seats in my old '15 Fit. The car also felt slow compared to even the Civic EX-T manual I test-drove.
Yeah the 1.5T is just too small I think for the Accord. I understand they both are using this engine for the fuel ratings and the masses that purchase both cars BUT you have to feather the gas to get that mileage. Just not worth it to me honestly. The CVT does it's job well but I'm not a fan either. If you get an Accord make sure you go with the 2.0T regardless because the automatics get the 10 speed and it's amazing from what I'm hearing in reviews and on the Accord forums.

As far as the suspension and steering, I know it's not as good as the Si but I can't really speak on how much worse it is because it's been so cold with snow and ice here that I'm just barely able to go cruising speed. The car does pick up and go much easier than the Civic though for sure. I hated leaving a stop light or pulling out in front of someone in the Civic because people always flew up on my ass or got close when I tried to be a gas saver. The car before turbo spool is gutless and I didn't feel like I should have to press the pedal down 50% just to get moving. Everyone has their opinions of course and I respect that, but the Accord with the bigger engine just moves a little easier with minimal effort and the possibilities are a little higher with the K20. I even put in a bid to be one of the first Flashpro testers for Hondata on the drive accord forum. I was the first one to put in so hopefully I get picked and can help them out as well as myself :)

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
So what differences performance wise does the Accord Sport have over the non sport Accords?

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
So what differences performance wise does the Accord Sport have over the non sport Accords?
  • Sport-tuned suspension
  • Larger front disc brakes
  • Manual transmission (although, this is actually a disadvantage in terms of acceleration and fuel economy)
Engine output is the same. (In the past, the Sport had slightly more horsepower than the non-Sport due to a unique exhaust system.)

In other words, Honda did very little to turn an Accord into an Accord Sport - nowhere near the number of differences between, say, the Civic and Civic Si.

Last edited:

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan (SOLD), 2021 GTI Autobahn
Country flag
So how much did it cost you to drive an Si for 34 days?

OP
OP
Dy2_Str33t_King

Dy2_Str33t_King

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So how much did it cost you to drive an Si for 34 days?
Well if you wanna look at it as in neg equity, about $2000. I don't care either way because I got the car I wanted in the first place and right at about the same payments as initially quoted. The paperwork and the hits my credit took to do it hurt worse than anyting.

DarthHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatch Sport Manual
I test deove the 2.0t Accord manual and jezz wasn’t impressed at all, it was slow at the dealership so My salesmen insisted to test drive it and I did, then I told him jump in my SI with the 23psi Ktuner map and he said never mind the SI feels much faster, then we took the auto for a spin in sport mode we both looked at each other and smiled, the auto was much faster than my SI, unless there is something wrong with the Sport manual I will get the Auto if I decide to trade my SI fot sure, as long as it’s not a CVT I won’t mind.

OP
OP
Dy2_Str33t_King

Dy2_Str33t_King

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I test deove the 2.0t Accord manual and jezz wasn’t impressed at all, it was slow at the dealership so My salesmen insisted to test drive it and I did, then I told him jump in my SI with the 23psi Ktuner map and he said never mind the SI feels much faster, then we took the auto for a spin in sport mode we both looked at each other and smiled, the auto was much faster than my SI, unless there is something wrong with the Sport manual I will get the Auto if I decide to trade my SI fot sure, as long as it’s not a CVT I won’t mind.
That's kind of an unfair comparison lol. I traded a 320whp 9th for the 10th stock and wasn't impressed either BUT that's unfair. Just like your Ktuner Civic vs the all stock Accord. If you look at your Hatch stock vs the Accord stock , the Accord would impress you. I know for a fact that the 2.0T Manual feels much faster than the 10th Si I traded in for it and thats without getting on the Accord at all yet. At 50% throttle the Accord feels like what my stock Si did at full throttle. The auto I can't really speak on but I've heard amazing things about them. It's all about preference I'd say man. If you feel like you're happy and can get more fun out of your car then stick with it, I won't try to persuade you either way. I just want everyone to enjoy their own while sharing a little experience about mine :)

DarthHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatch Sport Manual
That's kind of an unfair comparison lol. I traded a 320whp 9th for the 10th stock and wasn't impressed either BUT that's unfair. Just like your Ktuner Civic vs the all stock Accord. If you look at your Hatch stock vs the Accord stock , the Accord would impress you. I know for a fact that the 2.0T Manual feels much faster than the 10th Si I traded in for it and thats without getting on the Accord at all yet. At 50% throttle the Accord feels like what my stock Si did at full throttle. The auto I can't really speak on but I've heard amazing things about them. It's all about preference I'd say man. If you feel like you're happy and can get more fun out of your car then stick with it, I won't try to persuade you either way. I just want everyone to enjoy their own while sharing a little experience about mine :)
The Accord 2.0t manual it’s still feels decently quick but for me it was a disappointment, the coupe 6-6 feels like a beast compared to the auto and on the new turbo I felt that the auto was the beast and the manual was ok, looking at the 0-60 online I see that it is slower, My other car is a 2015 sonata 2.0t witch it was a disappointment from the previous gen and the manual Accord feels just likely it, a mid 6s 0-60, there been to much buzz about it and even impressive dyno numbers until I actually drove one, now my Sonata lease its done in July and I will definitely will look at the 2.0t exl, that’s the one that so far looks like the replacement for the Sonata, enjoy your car.

OP
OP
Dy2_Str33t_King

Dy2_Str33t_King

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Accord 2.0t manual it’s still feels decently quick but for me it was a disappointment, the coupe 6-6 feels like a beast compared to the auto and on the new turbo I felt that the auto was the beast and the manual was ok, looking at the 0-60 online I see that it is slower, My other car is a 2015 sonata 2.0t witch it was a disappointment from the previous gen and the manual Accord feels just likely it, a mid 6s 0-60, there been to much buzz about it and even impressive dyno numbers until I actually drove one, now my Sonata lease its done in July and I will definitely will look at the 2.0t exl, that’s the one that so far looks like the replacement for the Sonata, enjoy your car.
If I had the extra coin I might have went with the Touring just because all of the extra features and the 10 speed auto. I think once the tuning software drops for the 2.0T, the car will really wake up. You gotta think, the Civic is a turd until you throw a new map at it so hopefully they can wake up whatever beast hides inside the k20! And thank you ;)
Sponsored