Traded in the SI

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven’t tried paddles in a true sports car. But, I feel like coming in/out of corners agressively, a stick is better. Keeping fingers on paddles can be an issue at times. I’m sure there are miss shifts on tracks because of this.... Worrying about paddle location would be a nuisance. Is this a correct assumption?
This is also a question I have. I would imagine having to take your hand off the wheel to shift presents a greater danger of miss shifts, but I can't be sure.

I haven't driven paddles in a true sports car either. I have the paddles in my MDX but the most spirited driving I do in that is passing on the freeway.
Sponsored

Last edited:

lucke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Coupe, 2007 LBP S2000, 2017 MLP CR-V Touring
wife and i had a 2015 TLX base tech. was a great car, but certain things about it were super clunky. after a year of having it, the infotainment was super slow and it sometimes took ~5 min to input an address. also, since we drove it off the lot, the braking system would be confused in certain situations when slowing down to a stop, but not stopping, where the electronic brake hold would halfway work while the car was still moving so the car would shake/stutter. the dealership could never duplicate the problem and couldn't be bothered to have us duplicate it for them.

when our lease was coming up, we looked into the '18 once it was announced, but once we found out that Android Auto/Apple Carplay were not going to be touchscreen (due to the janky dual screen) and to get any of the cool new features would require the v6 advanced (at a minimum), we decided it wasn't going to be worth it. that and the dismal resale price quickly turned us away from the '18. all the reviews i read about the A-Spec said that is would be a modest upgrade in any performance, with its main focus being on looks.

i really like the looks of yours, and the color is spectacular, but if i were in your shoes, i'd have gone with the Accord 2.0 6mt instead of the TLX A-Spec. best of luck to you though

Brian17Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would worry about a 6 figure salary over this overpriced hunk of metal. puke.
Haha, the key word was “interested”, it was “as displayed” around 45k.... We’re nice until you switch out! You’re out the wolf pack bro! jk. :grouphug::what:

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
not a big fan of the front grille on those things

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
It will most likely be a dual clutch auto. I have driven the NSX Dual Clutch a lot. It is so quick on the paddles it makes a manual obsolete.
On a car that fast, you probably need to have something automated like the dual clutch transmission. But I would probably still miss shifting gears myself.

Is it more manual than 'automatic'? Meaning do you have to always use the paddles, even to get it in to Reverse? Or (my only experience with dual clutch was my 2014 gti) is it still pretty much like a fast automatic with PRND/S on the 'shifter'?

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
I haven’t tried paddles in a true sports car. But, I feel like coming in/out of corners agressively, a stick is better. Keeping fingers on paddles can be an issue at times. I’m sure there are miss shifts on tracks because of this.... Worrying about paddle location would be a nuisance. Is this a correct assumption?

This is an incorrect assumption. Very easy to learn to use paddles vs heal/toe of a manual. The computer sorts it all out to prevent mis-shifts (particularly on down shift). Some cars, paddles are fixed to the steering column, others move with the wheel.