Traded in the SI

kingbudd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si, 1994 Dodge Stealth RT/TT, 2016 Infiniti Q50, 2017 Cadillac XT5, and 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
This is an incorrect assumption. Very easy to learn to use paddles vs heal/toe of a manual. The computer sorts it all out to prevent mis-shifts (particularly on down shift). Some cars, paddles are fixed to the steering column, others move with the wheel.
This. Typically, race cars have the paddles mounted to the steering column, street cars are typically attached to the steering wheel. The reason that race cars have them mounted on the column is you never have to guess or look where the paddle is since it’s “always” in the same place. On a street car, during turns you have to know the position of the wheel. If someone is concerned with understanding and using paddles you can true great systems in video games (Forza and GT). You will find it much easier and smoother durning turns, downshift/upshift, engine braking, etc...

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I haven’t tried paddles in a true sports car. But, I feel like coming in/out of corners agressively, a stick is better. Keeping fingers on paddles can be an issue at times. I’m sure there are miss shifts on tracks because of this.... Worrying about paddle location would be a nuisance. Is this a correct assumption?
Most cars the paddles don't move positions if you turn the steering wheel. I tracked a ferrari once and the paddles location was always static no matter where I turned the steering wheel.
Sponsored