Ack Jr.

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SPORT CVT
Country flag
Yeah the torque is what was dialed back, not sure to how much though. That is around the power I was hoping to make so I'm happy, but I am capable of running e85, I just didn't get tuned properly for it since it cost extra and I didn't plan on using it that much so didn't think it was worth it. They did leave the tune so that I can still make more power with it, it just wouldn't be optimized.
What equipment was added for the e85? PRL? Did you instal on your own?
Sponsored

Alberto1866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
What equipment was added for the e85? PRL? Did you instal on your own?
No I used the one from procivic. I believe it was Sirimoto, and the installation was very easy, hardest part being wiring into the car.

OP
OP
Vampyrplanck

Vampyrplanck

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I love spirited driving, this doesn't take much in the way of upgrades to achieve happiness. Your setup is exactly here I plan to end up. I feel you on the lowering thing. Very hard not to jump and just start ordering suspension upgrades. Must be responsible adult, MUST BE RESPONSIBLE ADULT... lol

As far as the OP.... Bro, if you aren't going to be upside down, WTF are you waiting for? Si are everywhere.. Affordable.. You can be where you want to be NOW. You lost me when you said it wasn't a money issue. I'd be at the dealer getting my Si LOOOOOOoooooooog before I was online ordering upgrades for my EX. Priorities are priorities but yah kill'n me smalls!! Hit up autotrader.com not the parts sites.

Lord please tell me why I'm getting so fired up about this guy and his EX CVT?????? LMAO
Trust me, I was super super super tempted to just go do it, BUT, I'm trying to be patient. I've been working on credit, money, finances and everything else for quite awhile now. If I wait a year, I can probably drop a further 10k into the car purchase itself outright and pretty much get into whatever I want, and probably buy the bolt on turbo upgrade while I'm at it. I try to make myself wait before making purchases and think it over fully.

Ack Jr.

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SPORT CVT
Country flag
Trust me, I was super super super tempted to just go do it, BUT, I'm trying to be patient. I've been working on credit, money, finances and everything else for quite awhile now. If I wait a year, I can probably drop a further 10k into the car purchase itself outright and pretty much get into whatever I want, and probably buy the bolt on turbo upgrade while I'm at it. I try to make myself wait before making purchases and think it over fully.
Very smart of you. Always do what's best for you. Best wishes.

EastBayCivic

First Name
DerekZoolander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
This. I have this exact setup(KTuner/PRLCobra/Greddy SP) on my CVT Sport Touring Hatch, and enjoy my drive everyday. What's not said alot about the PRL Cobra CAI is how much more turbo noise this allows out of the engine bay vs the stock air box...which I love. I literally thought I forgot to install something the first time I got on the throttle after I put the CAI in!

I've actually been having this same questions if adding more to the CVT is worth it, especially when items come up in the members classified area. I enjoy wrenching on the car, so some of these things are hard to pass up when they become available at a discount.

At this point I'm just doing cosmetic things as well(interior and vinyl wrap), and having a hard time NOT buying lowering springs/spacers. :)

Good luck!
A little off topic here...

How does an aftermarket exhaust sound on a CVT? I've been pretty reluctant to do it in fear of annoying the neighbors and to a lesser extent myself (from possible drone).

Lodgek03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
First of all, is this going to be your daily or track car? I do have a EX-T CVT as well and what I have do to it is as follow:

K-tuner stage 1
Catted PRL front and down pipe
27Won Intake
Mishimoto Intercooler with pipes
Invidia N1 Exhaust

I will be buying the Koyorad Radiator in a few weeks (Summer is Coming) and I asked PRL about the Flex Fuel and 27won about their turbo and they both told not to buy it since I wont be taking full advantage of them. At this point I'm done when it comes to performance since I'm limited to a CVT.
This is exact route and total amount I want to do to mine as well (2017 ext cvt) with alll that you have up graded what were your total gains if known? Currently I have the K&N CAI. About to purchase either Ktuner V2 or Hondata Race, HKS dual tip cat back or Afe dual tip CB or magnaflow dual tip CB, injen intercooler. Thoughts and choices to help me decide? so I can get this damm car done and leave her be a daily driver / mini sleeper. Shes dirty in pics but come out real nice with a wash since I OPolish every 3 months.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 EX-T CVT Upgrade list help 20200314_112614
&

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 EX-T CVT Upgrade list help 20200314_112629

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 EX-T CVT Upgrade list help 20200314_112639

10thgenhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 hatch.
Country flag
I have a 2017 hatch back sport. I've been modded since 5k miles, and it was only recently I got fully tuned. I am at 225whp WITHOUT E85, I have not done a pull on the dyno yet with E85 in the tank. Ultimately I believe how you drive strongly affects the reliability. I have had 0 issues so far, and 0 signs of problems. I do however frequently do maintenance and check up on everything.
How many miles you have on it now? Still no issues?
Sponsored