1.5T 2017 EX-L SEDAN 1.5L CVT EXHAUST HELP!?!?!

fmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
Country flag
Hello has anyone ever experienced with or know if buying a Valvetronic Designs: UNIVERSAL VALVED MUFFLER KIT will be worth it? It is for my only daily driven car that is all stock and tuned: 2017 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan 1.5L CVT TURBOCHARGED
I was thinking of buying the 2 muffler set kit with muffler tips. Before I buy it I wanted to know if I can add this universal valved 2 muffler set kit with add on of muffler tips to my car. Or if there is any cons that can go wrong or mess up anything at all if I add this universal valved muffler kit to my car? Thank You
Sponsored

With_extra_salt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
daydreamersco.com
Vehicle(s)
Bagged 2020 Civic Ex Hatch
Country flag
I have Valvetronic Mufflers on my car and to be honest, there isn't a major sound difference with it closed and open. I had to get a resonator delete to notice the noise just a lil bit. When the valves are closed it sounds a little muffled but still loud if that makes sense. The only way id say to make it quiet would be to drive on econ and not floor it lol. I've had a muffler delete and res on before and that was way louder and sounded better (imo). But with the valvetronic mufflers and resonator delete you can definitely tell from stock, not loud loud nor too quiet.

Pros id say are the burnt tips look cool and they somewhat work

Cons id say is that there aren't any hangers so you'd have to go to a muffler shop to get em welded and new hangers made. There isn't a major sound difference unless more exhaust work is done to your car. You will also have to sacrifice your one and only cigarette port for the valvetronic box and route it through your car. I mounted mine in my trunk with my bag setup cause it looked convenient and snug the vacuum line under my trunk into my spare and wedged it in between my airline hose through a very small grommet.

Last edited:
OP
OP

fmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have Valvetronic Mufflers on my car and to be honest, there isn't a major sound difference with it closed and open. I had to get a resonator delete to notice the noise just a lil bit. When the valves are closed it sounds a little muffled but still loud if that makes sense. The only way id say to make it quiet would be to drive on econ and not floor it lol. I've had a muffler delete and res on before and that was way louder and sounded better (imo). But with the valvetronic mufflers and resonator delete you can definitely tell from stock, not loud loud nor too quiet.

Pros id say are the burnt tips look cool and they somewhat work

Cons id say is that there aren't any hangers so you'd have to go to a muffler shop to get em welded and new hangers made. There isn't a major sound difference unless more exhaust work is done to your car. You will also have to sacrifice your one and only cigarette port for the valvetronic box and route it through your car. I mounted mine in my trunk with my bag setup cause it looked convenient and snug the vacuum line under my trunk into my spare and wedged it in between my airline hose through a very small grommet.
does adding a valvetronic universal muffler kit affect emissions test ? And Do I have to do a res or muffler delete in order to install it to my car ?

With_extra_salt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
daydreamersco.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
does adding a valvetronic universal muffler kit affect emissions test ? And Do I have to do a res or muffler delete in order to install it to my car ?
No and no, I’d only recommend a resonator delete just to make it louder or get a dp and fp cuz without any of these, you literally cannot hear the differance with the valves open and closed

OP
OP

fmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No and no, I’d only recommend a resonator delete just to make it louder or get a dp and fp cuz without any of these, you literally cannot hear the differance with the valves open and closed
Sorry I’m new to all this and tryna learn as much as I can do you know what’s a good dp and fp that works good with the valvetronic universal muffler kit with the carbon fiber tips and also make my car much louder ?

edit: For the dp and fp I was thinking of going with this product: RV6 Catted Downpipe & Front Pipe Combo for 16+ Civic 1.5T Sedan will this work good with my car setup ? But I am worried of what I been researching about many different outcomes for people related to emissions And the CEL coming on. I bought my car brand new and always kept everything all stock since day one and only thing I ever did was tuned my car with KTuner. I have had no problems with my car since day one of owning it. Even after tuning it I had no problems and no issues with the levels for everything that is monitored on the KTuner. I don’t want cause any problems to my car as it is my only daily car

Last edited:

With_extra_salt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
daydreamersco.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry I’m new to all this and tryna learn as much as I can do you know what’s a good dp and fp that works good with the valvetronic universal muffler kit with the carbon fiber tips and also make my car much louder ?

edit: For the dp and fp I was thinking of going with this product: RV6 Catted Downpipe & Front Pipe Combo for 16+ Civic 1.5T Sedan will this work good with my car setup ? But I am worried of what I been researching about many different outcomes for people related to emissions And the CEL coming on. I bought my car brand new and always kept everything all stock since day one and only thing I ever did was tuned my car with KTuner. I have had no problems with my car since day one of owning it. Even after tuning it I had no problems and no issues with the levels for everything that is monitored on the KTuner. I don’t want cause any problems to my car as it is my only daily car
To be honest, there's many types of downpipes out there and so many combinations will pretty much sound all the same. I'm just waiting on PRL to finish developing their new DP that's compliant with the EPA (I think, could be wrong, don't quote me on this). You can look up a lot of forums on here and videos of people with the combo set you said. But do be warned that because you have a CVT, many people running straight pipes have complained the noise and drone level being too obnoxious for daily/long driving but its all up to the person and their preference.

For the emissions and CEL you are correct on that. I think its the O2 Sensor or somewhere that will run error code on your car leading to a failure of emission. But with a Ktuner you can easily disable the code when you go in for emissions and hope that the CEL wont come back on during the emission testing. I have heard only a handful of people getting lucky and getting a defouler to cancel out the code, some say it worked but many say not. You will also get a CEL regardless, its inevitable to clear the code without a tuner or a defouler with luck, or just get extremely lucky.

OP
OP

fmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
To be honest, there's many types of downpipes out there and so many combinations will pretty much sound all the same. I'm just waiting on PRL to finish developing their new DP that's compliant with the EPA (I think, could be wrong, don't quote me on this). You can look up a lot of forums on here and videos of people with the combo set you said. But do be warned that because you have a CVT, many people running straight pipes have complained the noise and drone level being too obnoxious for daily/long driving but its all up to the person and their preference.

For the emissions and CEL you are correct on that. I think its the O2 Sensor or somewhere that will run error code on your car leading to a failure of emission. But with a Ktuner you can easily disable the code when you go in for emissions and hope that the CEL wont come back on during the emission testing. I have heard only a handful of people getting lucky and getting a defouler to cancel out the code, some say it worked but many say not. You will also get a CEL regardless, its inevitable to clear the code without a tuner or a defouler with luck, or just get extremely lucky.
Thank you for all the information and help on this. Now I was wondering do you think a catback exhaust is much more better idea ? I just get the catback exhaust with tips included no valvetronic or anything else. I was thinking of a catback like this: Takeda® - 304 SS Cat-Back Exhaust System with Split Rear Exit or something similar like that ?

With_extra_salt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
daydreamersco.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you for all the information and help on this. Now I was wondering do you think a catback exhaust is much more better idea ? I just get the catback exhaust with tips included no valvetronic or anything else. I was thinking of a catback like this: Takeda® - 304 SS Cat-Back Exhaust System with Split Rear Exit or something similar like that ?
Funny you say cause that's the same exact exhaust I bought. Even though it was ment for a sedan it fit the hatch without any modifications. The sound was quiet though id say, I spent a lot of money and welding to perfect my exhaust sound for myself. If I were you and you had a hatchback like me with a Y pipe id say to go get a exhaust made instead of buying one cause it'll be cheaper imo. I will say though that the term "Catback" does not apply to 10th Gen Civics cause the catalytic converters or "cats" arnt even located under the car like other cars, they are located on the downpipe.

Edit 1.
Takeda on YouTube has a sound clip of their exhaust on a sedan, could be similar like yours, check em out
Sponsored