2016 EX-T totaled...not sure what to do

latexyankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I'm not sure if I should just buy a beater accord for 3k and run it into the ground to avoid payments or buy something from the 2014-2015 era. Problem is there arent any cars I really want. I was happy with the civic and I've been looking at mazda 3's but I dont want a 7-8 year car payment. I was paying on the civic for 2 years and its all for nothing. I am covered and received a check for about 2k from the insurance co.

I just dont want to buy another new car and finance from scratch again....sigh....this sucks. really thinking about buying a beater honda from CL and running it into the ground. But it's going to be hard to go back from the turbo,AA,and zippiness of the civic.
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
latexyankee

latexyankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Drove a 2018 mazda 3 GT today and it destroyed the civic in every way EXCEPT off the line. Very impressive, the civic feels like a toy in comparison. And I LOVED my EX-T

Dealer confirmed AA is coming to mazda by the end of the year...just FYI for those considering.

Last edited:

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Drove a 2018 mazda 3 GT today and it destroyed the civic in every way EXCEPT off the line. Very impressive, the civic feels like a toy in comparison. And I LOVED my EX-T
Dealer confirmed AA is coming to mazda by the end of the year...just FYI for those considering.
Please elaborate your experience with the Mazda 3-GT. I checked, it has 184HP and costs less than Civic Coupe Touring.

Also, what is AA?

OP
OP
latexyankee

latexyankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Please elaborate your experience with the Mazda 3-GT. I checked, it has 184HP and costs less than Civic Coupe Touring.

Also, what is AA?

Well you have to drive one. It feels like my expensive racing wheel for PC racing games with force feedback. It is VERY responsive. Not floatly like the civic, no deadzone. I'm not bashing the civic owners here, I loved my car, but it is more of a general all purpose vehicle to appeal to drivers of all ages and there is nothing wrong with that. The Mazda demands your attention and begs you to go faster, the handling and suspension is second to none. They've tuned it damn near perfect. It is a car more for people who want to enjoy their drive while getting there.

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Well you have to drive one. It feels like my expensive racing wheel for PC racing games with force feedback. It is VERY responsive. Not floatly like the civic, no deadzone.
You owe it to yourself to try the Civic hatch or Si then.

OP
OP
latexyankee

latexyankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
You owe it to yourself to try the Civic hatch or Si then.

So i had an older SI and a prelude when i was younger. (Im 39) Ive always been a honda/toyota loyalist. It went like this

corsica>accord>crx>civic>accord>corolla>4runner>civic

I wanted to go get a hatch last week when my shit was totaled. After going over it for hours i just couldnt pull the trigger, i think its the body style. I personally do like it, BUT something just seems off, like it wont last the test of time. I see myself waking up in 2 years, looking in the garage and wondering wtf did i buy? No offense to anyone.

Dont know if im buying the mazda but i will say this to ALL of you:

Whether you own a hatch, sedan, coupe, SI, you owe it to yourself to try a mazda 2.5, it opened my eyes a bit.

marauderguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
So i had an older SI and a prelude when i was younger. (Im 39) Ive always been a honda/toyota loyalist. It went like this

corsica>accord>crx>civic>accord>corolla>4runner>civic

I wanted to go get a hatch last week when my shit was totaled. After going over it for hours i just couldnt pull the trigger, i think its the body style. I personally do like it, BUT something just seems off, like it wont last the test of time. I see myself waking up in 2 years, looking in the garage and wondering wtf did i buy? No offense to anyone.

Dont know if im buying the mazda but i will say this to ALL of you:

Whether you own a hatch, sedan, coupe, SI, you owe it to yourself to try a mazda 2.5, it opened my eyes a bit.
I know the Mazda 3 is definitely a drivers car that handles great but there's no denying the abundance of power a tuned 1.5t Civic has in comparison to it. I completely destroyed a 2.5 Mazda 3 a couple weeks back and I'm pretty sure it opened his eyes a bit.

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
How did you only get 2k back from your insurance if you don't mind me asking?

LuckyPenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV, Motorcycle
That's what I wondered! I wouldn't be shopping for another car...I'd be shopping for another insurance company.
I'm thinking that the $2K represents the difference between the "pre loss" value of the car and the loan.