OP
OP

alexlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2019 sport
Country flag
Like the poster above said, don't launch it. You may want to go back to stock and test that out. Or try your tune with the stock intake. Also post your datalog here so we can see what this issue might be.
How do I get the datalog?
Could be the CVT is slipping so it doesn't take the abuse from all them launches.
I am pretty sure it's electronically limited because it never goes above 2k rpm when I try to launch it, makes sense they would do that if it could damage the car
Sponsored

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Curious on how you're timing your 0-60 runs? I use an app that I installed onto the headunit that times the 0-60 through GPS and starts counting the moment the car starts moving and stops when the car hits 60.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
How do I get the datalog?

I am pretty sure it's electronically limited because it never goes above 2k rpm when I try to launch it, makes sense they would do that if it could damage the car
Which version of Ktuner do you have? I have the V2 and you simply press "start logging". With the V1.2 I'm sure you access the start log feature through your laptop.

OP
OP

alexlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2019 sport
Country flag
Which version of Ktuner do you have? I have the V2 and you simply press "start logging". With the V1.2 I'm sure you access the start log feature through your laptop.
What I am saying is, should I take it for a ride, try 0-60 or just let it do its thing in the driveway once I click start logging

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Drive it in a variety of ways... 15-20 minutes should be plenty. Then, upload the log here for people to look at.

Last edited:

OP
OP

alexlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2019 sport
Country flag
Alright, I recorded my commute to work today, it is pretty long (around 40 minutes). I drove normally for the most part but the first 5 minutes I used the throttle more than normally (not exactly racing it)
I understand that this is a rather large file with lots of data so I wanna thank in advance whoever takes the time to look at it

Attachments

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You uploaded an empty zip file.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Next time if you post a datalog, post it as a KTuner datalog file instead of exporting it as a spreadsheet. Anyway...

Your short term fuel trims look mostly OK but there were a number of times they seemed a bit high both negative and positive. But, it's kind of hard to read it easily from a spreadsheet to see exactly when these spikes were occuring. Long term fuel trims look good. K. Control looks perfect. IAT's did get a bit high but I'm going to assume it was a hot day where you live. Overall, the data looks OK.

As an aside, have you tested 0-60 times without the CAI and with the factory tune?

EDIT: I re-read your original post and realized your car is only a month old. I guess I assumed with you adding Ktuner and a CAI, it was older than that. How many miles on your car? I mean your engine may not even be fully broken in.

Last but not least if you feel like your car is sluggish, maybe take it in to your dealer.

Last edited:
OP
OP

alexlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2019 sport
Country flag
Next time if you post a datalog, post it as a KTuner datalog file instead of exporting it as a spreadsheet. Anyway...

Your short term fuel trims look mostly OK but there were a number of times they seemed a bit high both negative and positive. But, it's kind of hard to read it easily from a spreadsheet to see exactly when these spikes were occuring. Long term fuel trims look good. K. Control looks perfect. IAT's did get a bit high but I'm going to assume it was a hot day where you live. Overall, the data looks OK.

As an aside, have you tested 0-60 times without the CAI and with the factory tune?

EDIT: I re-read your original post and realized your car is only a month old. I guess I assumed with you adding Ktuner and a CAI, it was older than that. How many miles on your car? I mean your engine may not even be fully broken in.

Last but not least if you feel like your car is sluggish, maybe take it in to your dealer.
It has 2000 miles on it, I honestly didn't even know that there are ktuner datalogs, I just downloaded it from the tuner and saved it to my desktop.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You clicked "export to csv". If you just save the datalog, it can then be viewed and played back (in real time) in the KTuner software.

Last edited:

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
Along with @jred721 , I too can get 8.1/8.2 stock same powertrain as what you have and I do it in D, not S or L. Something is definitely off...

I time it on a dead flat highway where I live with the Torque app.

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
Is the outside temperature the same across all your timings? Tire pressure? Engine Oil? Air filter cleanliness? Ethanol content in the gas?

I worry about the fact that you’re doing this on a CVT. You seem like someone interested in performance and I can assure you the CVT isn’t designed for that kind of abuse / use.

If you’re serious about your 0-60 and the track, try a 6MT Civic or, if you can afford it, the Si seems like the car that’s right for you and they’re not all that expensive.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
If you’re serious about your 0-60 and the track, try a 6MT Civic or, if you can afford it, the Si seems like the car that’s right for you and they’re not all that expensive.
This is likely the best advice if your assumption is true.

At stock, there is nothing wrong with a little Italian Tuneup every so often. Even with the base KTune, I can't see it being any kind of issue for the CVTs. Honda is making some of the best CVTs out there so unless he is throttling the crap out of his car, I can't see it being any kind of issue for long term ownership.

But to the matter at hand, either there is some poor timings being done or there is something particularly wrong with the car.

Also remember, to the OP, when you do the testing, if you want to be accurate about it, you need to do it on as flat a road as you can find, do it no less than 10 times with half being one direction and the other half being in the other. Add them together and average them. Also, only do it with the driver in the car. Anything less than this will not give you true and reliable statistical data. The set eliminates for oddities and the two directions on the same road eliminates any difference in grade that you are not aware of.

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
This is likely the best advice if your assumption is true.

At stock, there is nothing wrong with a little Italian Tuneup every so often. Even with the base KTune, I can't see it being any kind of issue for the CVTs. Honda is making some of the best CVTs out there so unless he is throttling the crap out of his car, I can't see it being any kind of issue for long term ownership.

But to the matter at hand, either there is some poor timings being done or there is something particularly wrong with the car.

Also remember, to the OP, when you do the testing, if you want to be accurate about it, you need to do it on as flat a road as you can find, do it no less than 10 times with half being one direction and the other half being in the other. Add them together and average them. Also, only do it with the driver in the car. Anything less than this will not give you true and reliable statistical data. The set eliminates for oddities and the two directions on the same road eliminates any difference in grade that you are not aware of.
The premise of this thread is that he is in fact throttling the crap out of his car.

“The best CVTs out there” makes it sound like its something special. They are not designed for abuse, racing, spirited driving. They’re designed for grandma and for the groceries.
Sponsored