What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got my Acuity Instruments base bushings, shift linkage bushings, centercen spring and the type R shifter installed. Man oh man, does this feel SO much better. I highly, HIGHLY, recommend these to anyone who is on the fence about them. I can't wait for my next drive.
20190422_183443.jpg
20190422_162048.jpg
I am thinking between ctr shifter or buddy club...
Does ctr shifter offers shorter shifting? And does the knob sit any lower?
Acuity short shifter is too expensive so i am debate between above two.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tinkered around with the stock air box to get some sound out of it. Ended up blocking off the silencer from the air box, then opened up the shroud on the air passage way. Resulted in a little hissing on the induction noise, and a very faint bpv release noise. Overall barely louder, but it's there.
Why not pull it all out and put in a short ram intake? It is relatively cheap and easy mod.

Last edited:

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am thinking between ctr shifter or buddy club...
Does ctr shifter offers shorter shifting? And does the knob sit any lower?
Acuity short shifter is too expensive so i am debate between above two.
The TypeR shifter does have a shorter shift vs the stock. At a way better price than the Buddy Club. I am not knocking their product but at @$35 the TypeR shifter is a better deal.
For me, shifting from 1st to 2nd is like going from 1st to neutral on stock shifter. Add in the Acuity components and this thing feels solid.
The knob doesn't really sit any lower.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Put on PRL FMIC kit, and cobra CAI intake .. being a canadian civic, we have to work around to move the windshield reservoir from driver side to passenger side.. run more tube and wiring.. a pain in the butt but finally got my CAI done.
The car intake sounds so good now.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 20190104_223424

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The TypeR shifter does have a shorter shift vs the stock. At a way better price than the Buddy Club. I am not knocking their product but at @$35 the TypeR shifter is a better deal.
For me, shifting from 1st to 2nd is like going from 1st to neutral on stock shifter. Add in the Acuity components and this thing feels solid.
The knob doesn't really sit any lower.
Yea.. that sounds great already ..
I do want the knob to sit abit lower, but really want to buy ctr shifter because of the price and shorter shift it offers...
Does the base bushing really make a different? It was like it just a aluminum nuts and thats all

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea.. that sounds great already ..
I do want the knob to sit abit lower, but really want to buy ctr shifter because of the price and shorter shift it offers...
Does the base bushing really make a different? It was like it just a aluminum nuts and thats all
What you could do is look for a countersunk shift knob. It will screw down lower onto the shifter. That may be what I decide to do.
As far as the base bushing, YES, that makes that much of a difference. Stock is kinda like this with a solid core.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 408M69_AS01?$mdmain$

This allows flex or movement at the base of the shifter assembly while moving the shifter. The Acuity base bushing is solid and doesn't allow for movement.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) upload_2019-4-25_9-7-30

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
oh now you mention it, I do notice it.. do you have a result how it looks like when mounted on the car?
Hopefully this weekend- swapped these headlights onto the car while I paint and retrofit the ones currently on the car.

Here is what the black headlights look like on the Sport models:

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) db3b6aeae04b483fe100deba0443633e

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You just pry it loose. The plastic H backing will stay. Put the new one on top of it. There’s two pins in the middle that will break off and leave holes for you to put the new on in
Sorry, I meant the front Si logo, not the 'H'.

_HatchED_

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport 6mt
Country flag
Why not pull it all out and put in a short ram intake? It is relatively cheap and easy mod.
Because I'm not going that route yet. I'm enjoying as is for little bit. Only thing I really want to do is lower it a bit to hold me over till I'm ready to start doing more mods.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Very busy day today. Had some spare headlights that I painted black swapped on. Will be retrofitting the original ones that were on the car, which will take a few weeks, so needed something to get by. They look awesome!

EA3B6D58-48E6-4AC9-8BB7-C4279AAC62E9.jpeg

9BC38322-8B45-4237-BC6B-2AE4EEBF3FA0.jpeg

Installed the College Hill dual horn upgrade. Plug and play and sounds awesome. Nice and loud, not ashamed to use it now.

2A34A95B-7B90-42E4-9F1B-21AD6C0FF144.jpeg

Swapped in the JL Audio C2-350x center speaker, with baffle and harness. Sounds even better now, and compliments the new Alpine tweeters and crossovers.

9B371EB9-92A2-4573-AFF5-6F2483365297.jpeg

And finally installed the PRL Cobra Intake. Install was truly a pain doing it in my driveway with no ramps. Took me a bit to figure out the PRL tubing placement and getting mounts fitted. Lower stock box was actually super easy to remove for me up through the top. Couple twists here and there and it popped right out.

3B66C2D5-CFA4-48CD-9807-50098B5C43C7.jpeg
Sponsored