Cylinder Knock Count - Ktuner V1

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
The Knock Count value on this ECU is worthless. It doesn't track actual knock -- I've induced audible knock on our test vehicle and knock count stayed at 0. Yet at other times it would go up while shifting the vehicle. Pay attention to Knock Control, it is the more important value. And what this value does will depend highly on what the tune is setup to do. For a stock style tune that is designed to run on 87 octane and premium (91+) you'll see around 1.0 on 87 octane and closer to .5-.6 as you get up to 93-94 octane (not all premium fuel is the same).

On something like our Stage 1 and Stage 2 tunes we've designed them to run on 91-93 octane, so on 91 octane expect to see closer to .9 and as you get to better premium grade fuel you'll see closer to .5 - .6.
Sponsored

Hondaddy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L 1.5T CVT
Country flag
I’ve had a V2 for a couple months running 21 PSI on 91 OCT. I find that I average 4-5 knocks every drive with k. control typically floating around at .49 . Is this something that will take a toll over time or nothing to worry about if it stays this way? My old Accord is over 300k miles (still counting) and I would like to see my civic do the same. Sorry to revive an old thread but I’m relatively new to this and am unclear about some things. Thanks.

OP
OP
ParkwayDrive13

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
I’ve had a V2 for a couple months running 21 PSI on 91 OCT. I find that I average 4-5 knocks every drive with k. control typically floating around at .49 . Is this something that will take a toll over time or nothing to worry about if it stays this way? My old Accord is over 300k miles (still counting) and I would like to see my civic do the same. Sorry to revive an old thread but I’m relatively new to this and am unclear about some things. Thanks.
You're fine. 4-5 knocks with kcontrol at .49 is like a fart in the wind. Completely harmless. As long as it happened during cruising, or partial throttle.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On this platform you should basically ignore knock count. Knock control is the main thing to watch and 0.49 is as good as it gets. You are in good shape.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So my knock control went from .52 to .66 lol? Is that a bad thing?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Were you driving it hard
Kind of lol not really. This is the first time it happened since purchasing the unit back in December. I just installed the FKX racing frontpipe to add onto my RV6 Catless.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
what fuel were you using?
91 octane is all I got around Northern Cali or at least where I live lol unless it was in Sacramento which has all the good fuels.

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
91 octane is all I got around Northern Cali or at least where I live lol unless it was in Sacramento which has all the good fuels.
It should go down. Stock knock control is around 0.80 to 0.90

You'll know you have an issue if it goes over 1.0

I installed my intercooler at night and didn't realize i tightened the worm gear past the throttle body. I uploaded a new map from vit.. It pushed 28-29 psi and my coupler on the throttle body popped out. My knock control jumped to 1.3

I pulled over freaking out and looked over the engine. Glad it was just that.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I installed my intercooler at night and didn't realize i tightened the worm gear past the throttle body. I uploaded a new map from vit.. It pushed 28-29 psi and my coupler on the throttle body popped out. My knock control jumped to 1.3

Ok gotcha was wondering was all. I though my ktuner was acting kind of weird too because my IAT and IAT 2 temps were a little higher than how it usually is and that my rpm gauge on the Ktuner sometimes drops to 0 then back to normal.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

All I installed over the weekend was my FKX racing frontpipe as well as the PRL clutch line.

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Ok gotcha was wondering was all. I though my ktuner was acting kind of weird too because my IAT and IAT 2 temps were a little higher than how it usually is and that my rpm gauge on the Ktuner sometimes drops to 0 then back to normal.
Do you have CAN data enabled?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag