First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good point to make. Also Knock Control can get over 1.0, so the range doesn't stop there!
Good to know. I figured it stopped at 1.0, as that used 100% of the knock retard table. I don't think I ever saw anything discussing a limit to it.
Sponsored

EastBayCivic

First Name
DerekZoolander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Good to know. I figured it stopped at 1.0, as that used 100% of the knock retard table. I don't think I ever saw anything discussing a limit to it.
Another quick update. A new tank from the same gas station (Costco) and a 10F temperature drop has me peaking at 0.65!

I can't really tell if there's a difference with the gas but I am pretty sure the temperature change has helped.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another quick update. A new tank from the same gas station (Costco) and a 10F temperature drop has me peaking at 0.65!

I can't really tell if there's a difference with the gas but I am pretty sure the temperature change has helped.
Lower k.control = less timing pulled = more power the car is making. And you know the car is closer to needing the minimum amount if k.control added to keep detonation from occuring. All good things. I'd keep enjoying the drive. :thumbsup:
Sponsored