2016 Honda Civic Coupe Release Coming March 15th @ $19,050

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Man I am so confused on trim ha. So is honda leather good? Like less heat holding then other leather? Why do the pics of coupe leather look saggy?
The leather they use in the Civic now is the Acura stuff. On the 9th gen, it felt like cheap vinyl which is why I only got the EX. It's not gonna feel like some nappa diamond quilted stuff you see on MB, but it's decent.
Sponsored

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Got some updates on trim levels, guys.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/fewer-...civic-coupe-starts-410-higher-than-the-sedan/

Some take-aways:

1. The LX Coupe is More Expensive Than the Sedan:
By about $400. Likely due to the fact that the coupe comes with alloys (sedan doesn't).

2. Coupe-Only Trim:
The LX-P. Comes with passive entry, remote start, pushbutton start, and sunroof.

3. EX-L and Touring seems to be the best 'value':
The coupe in this trim costs $275 less than the EX-L sedan. The Touring is about $400 cheaper than the sedan model.

4. Honda Sensing Is Not an Add-On Option:
Unlike the sedan, you can only get it on the Touring coupe. It is not available as an additional option like on all sedan trims, which means only the Touring will have adaptive cruise, collision mitigation, and lane-keep assist.

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
I'm probably an outlier, but I wish there was an option NOT to get the moonroof on the higher trim levels.
No outlier at all. I hate moonroofs and yet I've been forced to buy one on the last 3 cars I've owned. Why would anyone want a "feature" that weakens the chassis, adds weight and cost, eventually leaks, and lessens headroom? If I open the moonroof, the sun is immediately in my eyes, the wind and buffeting in my ears and I must close it immediately. The only good thing I can say about moonroofs is that you can temporarily set stuff on the roof and not scratch the paint. yay.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
The only good thing I can say about moonroofs is that you can temporarily set stuff on the roof and not scratch the paint. yay.
Haha. I thought I was the only one that did this.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Haha. I thought I was the only one that did this.
If I ever place something on the car, which is once a year or less, I'll use the glass too!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I'm thinking the TypeR won't have a moonroof which will be my first solid roof car since 2002 when I had an 88 CRX dx.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Yeah Moon roof was like one of things like yay I want one then eventually its all closed up and I forget its there. Rather save 800 and put that towards rims or something.

SO WHO IS GONNA BE THE FIRST COUPE OWNER???

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
Yeah Moon roof was like one of things like yay I want one then eventually its all closed up and I forget its there. Rather save 800 and put that towards rims or something.

SO WHO IS GONNA BE THE FIRST COUPE OWNER???
Not going to be the first, but hopefully in May or June.

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
I'm still waiting from the local dealers on what they are getting in stock. The dealer who insisted that the coupe didn't even come out until the fall now tells me they are getting one next week but can't tell me the trim or color. I won't buy from them anyway. For the other dealers, If I test drive and like it and they have the touring I'll pull the trigger right away. But I'm still not sure about color. I do like the green in pics and videos but want to see it in person. Also like the red and blue.

Last edited:

yoshi1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 civic coupe ex
I've contacted the three biggest dealers in town: one I contacted pretty early and now that there is info out there, he has dropped off the face of the earth (which sucks because it's the dealer I wanted to buy from as they are well-regarded and I have dealt with them before); the "scummy" (per what other people say about them) dealer wrote back and said she thinks they are getting some next month but is supposed to email me today with more info because she wasn't in the office when she replied; the third gave me a robot-like answer of "thanks for your interest" but no info. I've been wanting to upgrade my car for about a year now so I am getting impatient. Which is irrational but this will be my first ever new car so I am excited.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
I'm still waiting from the local dealers on what they are getting in stock. The dealer who insisted that the coupe didn't even come out until the fall now tells me they are getting one next week but can't tell me the trim or color. I won't buy from them anyway. For the other dealers, If I test drive and like it and they have the touring I'll pull the trigger right away. But I'm still not sure about color. I do like the green in pics and videos but want to see it in person. Also like the red and blue.
Was excited for red until ivory interior booo

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Was excited for red until ivory interior booo
This has driven me nuts for years. Honda is so weird when it comes to interior colors.

They've gotten better in recent years, but I remember for years there was no such thing as a black interior on the sedan.

I am so grateful the blue has black interior. Ivory's not my cup of tea, nor is gray.

atomicfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe (soon!) ☆
4. Honda Sensing Is Not an Add-On Option:
Unlike the sedan, you can only get it on the Touring coupe. It is not available as an additional option like on all sedan trims, which means only the Touring will have adaptive cruise, collision mitigation, and lane-keep assist.
Welp. Touring it is, I guess.
Sponsored