RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I see them going cloth seats imo. All I know is I want a nice engine awesome rims spoiler. Alight aggressive body kit. And a dct ha. Oh and not more then 25 manual or 26 auto. Is this asking too much?
Considering that's GTI territory not asking too much at all. I expect the Si will be priced cheaper than that as they usually have the same tech as the EX models (in this case maybe EXT models).
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Has the Si historically been fully equipped like the upper trims? I can see multiple trims working. It is not so niche that the demand would not be there. I think they just need to price it right.
They will probably have two trims - a base similar to the EX and a "GT" similar to the Touring. The GT would likely have Navigation, leather bolsters, and a few other interior/exterior tweaks.

Just a hunch...

disco13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 accord v6
I'm hoping they keep it simple, like the outgoing model. no need for dual zone climate control or leather seats. give me a decent audio system (doesn't necessarily have to be like the touring model), some comfortable sporty seats, 4/5 doors, and an amazing driving experience and I'm happy. I love how right now it's "ok, here's the car - you want summer tires or not? want navigation. ok. thanks".

I also find it interesting how close in price the current gen EX-L and Si are priced...hope that's the case for 10th gen!

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
They will probably have two trims - a base similar to the EX and a "GT" similar to the Touring. The GT would likely have Navigation, leather bolsters, and a few other interior/exterior tweaks.

Just a hunch...
That's exactly what I hope they do - give those of us who want a more stripped down model one option, and then another more decked out model for those who want fancier creature comforts. I wouldn't even mind a base as similar to LX as possible. Just want something that focuses on performance and is as light as possible.

nade shot

Threads
Reaction score
Transmission, suspension and type r button. The type r is more of a factory track car. Hard on a pothole road.
I think that's what a lot of ppl will be surprised by - how hardcore the Type R is. I've never driven it of course but from some reviews it sounds almost like a streetable track car.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I think that's what a lot of ppl will be surprised by - how hardcore the Type R is. I've never driven it of course but from some reviews it sounds almost like a streetable track car.
I can hardly wait to find out!!!

Viet_Racer

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic EM1
Country flag
Cmon Honda only 2 business days left for you to make a coupe or Si announcement before SEMA starts :bow:
Announcement and any type of reveal can still come at SEMA on Tues. if they're trying to make the biggest deal out of it possible by having it be a complete surprise. If the coupe or Si actually shows up as a surprise it'll be swarmed. Anyone here going to the show?

hothatchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf Mark5
Announcement and any type of reveal can come at SEMA on Tues. if they're trying to make the biggest deal out of it possible by having it be a complete surprise. If the coupe or Si actually shows up as a surprise it'll be swarmed. Anyone here going to the show?
Yea I don't get why some companies announce stuff so early ahead of a show. By the time the show comes around everyone's seen the photos and tired of discussing it already. Maybe Honda did purposely not include the coupe/Si announcement in their SEMA press release because it would have taken away some attention from it.

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
Yea I don't get why some companies announce stuff so early ahead of a show. By the time the show comes around everyone's seen the photos and tired of discussing it already. Maybe Honda did purposely not include the coupe/Si announcement in their SEMA press release because it would have taken away some attention from it.
Because you get two publicity 'bumps' from it. One when you reveal it on the internet and then another when the actual car is shown at a show. Remember not everyone hangs out on blogs or forums and hear/see a car for the first time at an auto show. Granted, SEMA isn't open to the general public like a regular auto show.
Sponsored