2016 Honda Civic Coupe builder is online

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I drove a base 16 Focus St the other day just out of curiosity. The dealer priced it 22k + tax. I drove it and actually liked it. Thats coming from a 25yr loyal Honda fan boy. I Liked it ALOT
Sponsored

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
I drove a base 16 Focus St the other day just out of curiosity. The dealer priced it 22k + tax. I drove it and actually liked it. Thats coming from a 25yr loyal Honda fan boy. I Liked it ALOT
I drove the ST when it first came out, and again a few months ago. I just can't stand the seating position and clutch placement.

Tamacake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si G8
Civic coupé looks great, but the headlights are bit strange without LEDs.
Well, I still love the Si coupé G9 designs.

What about the Si models? When it comes?

Last edited:

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
It's always tough when deciding when to buy a new car. How long do you wait for the next year/model? In my case my car is on it's deathbed so I'm not waiting :)

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Civic coupé looks great, but the headlights are bit strange without LEDs.
Well, I still love the Si coupé G9 designs.

What about the Si models? When it comes?
I got an email from a local dealer saying late summer for Si which could be true.

OP
OP

mvance30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 si
I got an email from a local dealer saying late summer for Si which could be true.
We don't know anything for sure. Probably just repeating the rumors or estimated time.

Buccal_Up

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T
Country flag
Jealous of the 450 watt sound system EXT coupes come with.. other than that happy with my sedan

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I've always been a two-door guy, but despite being a single 29 year old, I've gone the sedan route on my last two cars (mostly because the 2013 Si sedan looked lightyears ahead of the 2013 Si coupe).

Definitely happy with my Touring Sedan - opted not to wait because I really didn't like how stubby the back of the coupe looked (and not in a good way). However, after building one, the FOMO is real as I see there's a wing spoiler option that perfectly accentuates the back end - definitely balances it off.

That said, with the hump in the middle of the rear seat, even if it is spacious back there, I can't imagine it's comfortable. I also don't much care for the two toned leather. Mazda does it pretty well, but it looks like an amateur effort on the Civic, I think.

Great looking car, but honestly, I'm happy with the sedan. I just wish the Touring had the option for a slightly more prominent spoiler. The back end of the car is the only angle I'm not in love with (too sloped).

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree the seats in the ST felt uncomfortable and the clutch did feel off.. I gotta wait until the complete civic line launches before I go for whats next.

I drove the ST when it first came out, and again a few months ago. I just can't stand the seating position and clutch placement.

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
Same here. Test drove a top-of-the-line ST (Recardos and all) several months ago and really liked it as well. More than I expected. And I'm a 29yr loyal Honda fan. If Honda doesn't put a 2.0 Turbo in the Si, the ST will be a very possible option. Very possible. Upsides are: great-looking (IMO especially for a hatch), great utility, powerful engine, good handling. Downsides are: Lower quality/reliability. I've read about some STs becoming rattletraps after only 3 years. And Ford reliability ratings have been pretty bad lately, which is unfortunate. http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2015-vehicle-dependability-study

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
I also don't much care for the two toned leather. Mazda does it pretty well, but it looks like an amateur effort on the Civic, I think.
Not a fan either of the two tone leather. I'm really hoping the Si seats will be solid black.

Brett Bynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
I'm not a fan of how they changed the building flow for the coupe vs. the rest of their cars... it makes the coupe look strange?
It's funny you mention that, because the Civic coupes of previous years have always looked odd, like something was missing.
Sponsored