2016 Civic Coupe ETA March 2016

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Torrance is targeting a coupe for release by end of year. Or at least an announcement.

No firm release date on the Si. Rumor is they are still tweaking development on the motor.
Good. March release date is way too long after the sedan. Someone from NA headquarters in Torrance said this?
Sponsored

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
They had to scrap the 1.5T Si plans and go with a proper 2.0T setup.
Imagine? :D Maybe they'll disclose when they release the car whether an engine change actually happened at some point during development, and how they went with the 2.0L turbo in the end. :fingers crossed:

As for the standard coupe I think we'll probably see it at Detroit show in January. Works perfectly for a 'winter' sale date.

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Imagine? :D Maybe they'll disclose when they release the car whether an engine change actually happened at some point during development, and how they went with the 2.0L turbo in the end. :fingers crossed:

As for the standard coupe I think we'll probably see it at Detroit show in January. Works perfectly for a 'winter' sale date.
No chance for an LA autoshow surprise reveal?

manhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
http://www.torquenews.com/1574/2016-honda-civic-coupe-debut-los-angeles-auto-show#.Vj6atb4Akk8

So according to some unnamed "Honda insider" these guys claim the coupe will debut in LA show. If they do it will be a HUGE shock since they are not even holding a media press conference (according to this). I'm not even sure how they would plan this without one since the media would have no timetable to congregate at the Honda stage.

Btw anyone know what that image is?

2016_honda_civic_coupe.jpg
Looks like a very basic drawing of the coupe with the chrome grill also compare the fog light housing shape compared to a picture of the sedan so it could be advertisement for the announcement of the coupe

OP
OP

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
I will second that. I was told more info by Nov 17th about the coupe. Probably by the same Honda "insider" ;)

Ten10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Accord
Drawing looks more like a concept sketch. Did Honda release any images from the sedan design process, like sketch boards or earlier versions of the sedan in concept form?
Sponsored