///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I don't think we've seen any Si prototypes spied though. Will we really see it in dealers in 4-5 months?
They could have been testing the Si on standard model looking prototype without tipping spy photographers off that it's an Si. The upgraded engine and suspension can't be seen, the Si wheels don't have to be fitted to test, the enhanced body kit doesn't have to be fitted to test road performance.
Sponsored

s2ker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000
I have owned two Chryslers when I was a kid one ford and three gm cars. I can tell you that Honda and Toyota are the only two brands I will consider again. Well maybe Tesla when they are affordable.
Tesla's finally coming down to reality after the initial love fest. Consumer Reports pulled their recommendation for the Model S after an initial rave review and no longer recommends the car because the car has shown to have reliability issues as reported by owners.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-consumer-reports-ends-model-s-recommendation

Honda on the other hand has its reliability standard built from decades of it.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Tesla's finally coming down to reality after the initial love fest. Consumer Reports pulled their recommendation for the Model S after an initial rave review and no longer recommends the car because the car has shown to have reliability issues as reported by owners.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-consumer-reports-ends-model-s-recommendation
Yea I heard that. I like the idea of no gas. Or like 110 mpg and peppy. But who knows civic in five years could be all electric or super hybrid of some sort. Not boring hybrid but great mileage and affordable.

JIM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acura rdx

Honda on the other hand has its reliability standard built from decades of it.
This is not a knock on other brands that are good such as Toyota it is just a statement of fact. Honda pays more for their parts that are outsourced than any other automobile manufacturer in their competitive price line such as Civic to Corolla, Accord to Camry, Acura to Lexus. The simplest test to confirm my statement is to sit down inside say a 2015 Accord and a 2015 Camry. Turn every knob and push every button on both cars and the tactile feel is completely different because Honda uses higher quality parts. Turn a rheostat knob in an Accord and a Camry. There is no comparison. When Honda released the 1986 Accord LXi it was so good that Mercedes literally took them apart to try to figure out how Honda was building the Accord for the price they were selling them for. This is not to say Honda has stumbled every now and then because they have more than once but far less than any other manufacturer. Honda is the only manufacturer to refuse to fleet sale their cars to rental companies etc. and have 4 of the number one selling cars in their respective classes to the buying public in America. The Accord, Civic, CRV, and Odyssey. If you do your research it will always come up Honda overall. As I said a few days ago Honda has the opportunity with the new Civic and later the new Odyssey, Accord, Ridgeline and CRV to completely pull way ahead of their direct competitors as long as corporate Honda lets loose the hounds in their R&D with no constraints .

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
So back on topic. Where do we think this new Si is going to be priced ???

Regi_Derrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Country flag
Somewhere between 0 and $850 more than the current model based on MSRP, just as we've seen with the new Civic trim levels for the 10th generation. The price won't move up too much.

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
This intrigues me now as it will probably be around touring model price if not lower so maybe I get the Si!?!?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If i had to guess? Probably not far off from the current car just like the rest of the civic lineup... i don't see more than maybe a $500 or price increase, if that. What i see them doing is potentially offering 2 versions of the Si... one that mirrors the EX-T in features and one that mirrors the touring features possibly or at least a leather option, which they haven't had up to this point but i think alot of Si buyers would be interested in.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
I think it will be within $500 of the current one if it keeps the N/A. If it goes turbo than $500-1000, and if they add an automatic as an option +$1000.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I don't think we've seen any Si prototypes spied though. Will we really see it in dealers in 4-5 months?
Based on the history of introducing the 06 and 11, yes.

And don't rule out this spy shot as the test bed for the Si (vs. Type R). It's a stretch but, without engine shots, plausible:

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Si available March 2016, Type-R info/preview at 2016 Geneva Motor Show? 2018-honda-civic-type-r-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100530324_l

Brett Bynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
That is one of the reasons I got my accord and will continue to buy Honda now. Their cars just feel solid. My accord is a 2010 with 95k miles and it drives/feels exactly how it did when I bought it.
Same here, I have a 2007 Fit Sport, currently running with 110k miles, and she feels tight as a drum. Only oil changes and tires to be changed. Fords and chevys are designed to sell. Hondas are designed to last.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
All cars have gotten better over the years. And nearly all new models will go 100K trouble free.

The key difference is that both Honda & Toyota contract with a greater ratio of top tier suppliers including Denso, NGK, Tsubaki, Fujikura, and others. So while most motors go 200K with regular maintenance: other things such as AC compressors, alternators, coil packs, wiring harnesses, sensors, and injectors may start failing in some other brands.
Sponsored