2016 Civic Coupe ETA March 2016

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
Ok...so this may have been already posted, not sure. I have 3 reputable sources including 2 dealerships that have ETA for the coupe at March 2016. Quite ridiculous if you ask me....but that's what it is.
Sponsored

CaptK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru XV Crosstek
I don't see why they would have the Si come out at the same time as the coupe. It's poor marketing to do it like that. I'm betting one of these people heard wrong and it was either the coupe or Si that is going to be March 2016. My guess would be the Si. Honda mentioned the coupe would be only a few months after the sedan. That would put it at 5 months, almost half a year after the sedan.

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's been posted somewhere that the coupe will come out by the end of this year.

Kane76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TL
Ok...so this may have been already posted, not sure. I have 3 reputable sources including 2 dealerships that have ETA for the coupe at March 2016. Quite ridiculous if you ask me....but that's what it is.
Thanks for sharing but I take what dealerships say with a large grain of salt. You can find so much more info on here for example than most dealers know. Is your 3rd source 'higher up' than a dealer?

OP
OP

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
My 3rd source works for Honda directly. I don't want to reveal and be a jerk.

Kane76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TL
My 3rd source works for Honda directly. I don't want to reveal and be a jerk.
That legitimizes it for me more than just hearing it from dealers.

Question is why the long delay between the sedan and coupe. Production issues, or maybe even marketing plan (to have sedan sales exclusively for more months) perhaps.

Emina

Threads
Reaction score
Thats gonna be a really late 2016. If true, the coupe would run basically a half model year and then switch over to 17's. If that is the case probably not going to be any real updates for the second MY, not that I was expecting much.

Whoosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Anyone remember how long between sedan and coupe sales start dates for the 8th and 9th gen?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone remember how long between sedan and coupe sales start dates for the 8th and 9th gen?
The difference in launch for Sedan and Coupe in previous gens has only been about a month/month and a half.... i remember going to see the 8th gens when they went on sale officially and the coupes were in about 4 weeks after the sedans hit lots. 9th gen i'm not as sure, but i feel like it was only about a month delay (no more than 2 months)...

I really hope they don't hold back on the coupe until March... that's a huge bummer. Granted we haven't even seen any new coupe spy shots for about 2 months now which also makes me sad.

Jim9026

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Altima
I heard the regular coupe will be released sometime in the winter and the Si would be in March but who knows.

I hope Honda releases some more info and photos of the coupe real soon. I'm starting to become very impatient since it's the body style that I plan on purchasing.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I heard the regular coupe will be released sometime in the winter and the Si would be in March but who knows.

I hope Honda releases some more info and photos of the coupe real soon. I'm starting to become very impatient since it's the body style that I plan on purchasing.
Same here. And those release times would make more sense and be more in line with what they've always done in the past. A month or so should be enough time for the Ontario plant to get stock built up on the sedan and get the process down that they can start dedicating time and space to the coupes which are made in a much smaller volume.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Torrance is targeting a coupe for release by end of year. Or at least an announcement.

No firm release date on the Si. Rumor is they are still tweaking development on the motor.
Sponsored