The Official ACUITY Instruments CivicX product launch thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Any new word of the developement of the short shifter?
wondering on the shifter also, eta, price point.
We have been buttoning up the final design details over the last week or so. Planning to have some prototypes on a few test cars and our newly upgraded shifter test rig towards the end of the year with this new shifter being available in the first quarter of 2018. I know you guys have been waiting, but rest assured it's because we are improving on the 9th Gen shifter that people have loved so much. This thing is really going to blow you guys away, not only in appearance, but more importantly, in performance. Don't worry, you'll get to see plenty of teasers when the prototypes start rolling in. :)

~Russ
Sponsored

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
This thing is really going to blow you guys away, not only in appearance, but more importantly, in performance.
I'm going to hold you to that.
Someone with the "regular" shifter can change to the OE Type R shifter (54100-TGH-A01) and get shorter throws, tighter gates, stiffer centering - all for only $26!
mine cost me 32 + tax. way better than reg. with short shift adapt. but still wanting this shifter.

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I'm going to hold you to that.

mine cost me 32 + tax. way better than reg. with short shift adapt. but still wanting this shifter.
Ha, hold me to it. We felt like our last shifter design was a job well done. This one felt more like art. :) The CTR shifter is an upgrade compared to the sport (and slightly better than the Si), but @baldheadracing will even tell you that we have found several ways to improve upon the CTR shifter. Some of them he can't talk about yet though. ;)

~Russ

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
I am so waiting on the shifter since someone told me not to buy anything else because it was coming soon :p
already have 10K miles on the stock CTR shifter, hopfully it won't get much higher before we can get this...

Ha, hold me to it. We felt like our last shifter design was a job well done. This one felt more like art. :) The CTR shifter is an upgrade compared to the sport (and slightly better than the Si), but @baldheadracing will even tell you that we have found several ways to improve upon the CTR shifter. Some of them he can't talk about yet though. ;)

~Russ

GreyCivicX

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I’ve bought everything Acuity has for the 10th gen except for the centering spring because I want to wait on the shifter. Going to be installing the throddle pedal spacer and base shifter bushings this weekend. I’m a huge Fan if this company. :love:

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Thanks guys! Good things will come to those who wait. :)

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Hey guys! I just added our recently released upgraded shifter centering spring and throttle pedal spacer to the first post. CarStudio101 on YouTube was also kind enough to make some install guides for our cable bushings, base bushings, and the shifter centering spring. I've added those to the first post as well. Have a good weekend, guys and gals! :)

dr.jamzzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 2019
Country flag
Bought the ACUITY pedal relocation bracket and love the product! Makes heel toe so satisfying in the Si. I know people are looking forward to a full short shifter replacement but any potential of making a short shifter adapter in the future?

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Bought the ACUITY pedal relocation bracket and love the product! Makes heel toe so satisfying in the Si. I know people are looking forward to a full short shifter replacement but any potential of making a short shifter adapter in the future?
IIRC, the short shifter mod for the CivicX (but not Type R) was announced in another thread - but it isn't available yet.

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The 10th Gen will be the first time we offer 3 stages of shifting upgrades. Our lineup will be quite a bit bigger than our 10th gen offering. We have some upgrades for the OEM shifter like a short shift adapter (and more) coming out around Jan. :)

~Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.