xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
A thread for the shifter I'll start off with my break in aid
Honda Civic 10th gen shifter thread 20191215_123825
with the knob this high it's kinda like the factory only firmer. If it breaks in to feel like this it could be too light? Normal height is at the top of the boot.

Will be removing pronto

edit: this excise has show me that, one: want a looser feel raise the knob, two: want the knob higher with the same throw gate feeling, you can play with all the adjustments to accomplish that. i have what i think is enough adjustment left (pretty much mid range all around) to get a really short throw with this set up. this set up is way too high for me by the way.

edit.2: took it off, it helped getting used to the extra stiffness, but its still the same. i'm beginning to feel just how exact the shifts are. the make shift extension made of i guess pot metal could not take it, when i took it off it was bent at the thread adapter.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
xcivicx

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
edit

so way back in my '16 lx 6speed days, i noticed that the shifter could be closer to the drivers side, as well as being a little farther back and of course shorter throws. in those dark days when there was zero for any 10th gen civic, i happened to see an acuity shifter during my googleing. i sent them a email to see the plans for the tenth gen. yes was the reply. that e mail got me a free set of shifter bushings some time later for test fitting them. at that time i was impressed with the mumbo jumbo spewed about the shifter bushings, and after the install it was exactly as predicted the before and after, it was clear that they knew their shit. i knew the shifter was in my future. didn't know it would take me almost 3 more years.
initial impressions were very stiff, and doesn't go any further left than the stock shifter. before contacting acuity about different rods or spare parts. i figured i should at least try on the cheap to see if coming farther left is really what i wanted, and cluedge my own.

Last edited:
OP
OP
xcivicx

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen shifter thread 20191218_131421

Closer to where I want my knob.

edit: this is not the shifter extender up above, rather a aluminum shifter extension i bought off ebay. it required machining down to the proper size. did this by hand with a drill. it actually was quite easy. but still looks like shit, but it works. this pic the height is about 2 inches above where i can get to go lower. the rod i fabricated is just to big and ugly. will try another as its not to hard, in aluminum.

Last edited:
OP
OP
xcivicx

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen shifter thread 20191219_123837
View attachment 189833 Still more mods needed, but some closed to finished pics, I think this maybe first gear.

edit if not clear this is version 1.

notes on this set up, sits to high for me, but not much higher than stock, this is about a low as it will go with this rod. the boot looks kind of dupit like this. don't count on this being track worthy, the changed geometry of the rod and everythang might reduce the sturdyness of the unit. still fills super strong and ridged. plan is to re do another rod then see. i could modify this rod but it would ruin it other than for a test fit. yes a zipper in the boot and you could change the road in about 10 min. there is some usable space gained in the cubby area due to the rod being way farther back, maybe enough for a large device. ball knobs my be the only ones good for this odd angle.

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:
OP
OP
xcivicx

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
Pics of the the rods ver 1 and 2.
Honda Civic 10th gen shifter thread 20191222_092651

Pic of acuity vs moded ver2
Honda Civic 10th gen shifter thread 20191222_120126

Pic installed
Honda Civic 10th gen shifter thread 20191222_120655

Buttoned up
Honda Civic 10th gen shifter thread 20191222_121234

The end result is pretty good, feels just like the original rod. Shifts a little easier due to being closer in. I still miss first gear some times.
as to how far the difference is, its under this knobs diameter.(2.25")

Last edited:

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Just bought a bunch of tools so I can try and install my short shifter this weekend. However, I just realized that I might hit a snag:

I've seen the Acuity tutorial video, but I completely forgot that I have console illumination installed in the center area of my car (kind of like this):

Honda Civic 10th gen shifter thread 26-console-illumination-red-2019-honda-civic-coupe

What kinds of extra wiring or setup should I expect underneath? I don't want to accidentally nick something.

OP
OP
xcivicx

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
Maybe one extra, on mine I noticed is all the wires for all this illumination stuff. Absolutely no problem. RIP the back of the console off for the wires back there. Note how the gate shifter retaining clip goes, don't drop it.

You can drive without the climate control connected, but you will get air bag warning. I connected the console wires up and set it to the side, and connected the thing in the back which I unscrewed and removed from the console.

Last edited:

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
What is this thread? lol