baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
A question for all you guys who are using full short shifter from Acuity. Can we place those electrical cables back to the shifter like a stock shifter base. Does Acuity provided those holes at proper places or do I need to leave them dangling in the center console.

I am asking that because those wires may rattle in the console if not secured
No holes. You may see some holes in my first posts showing the prototype, but the production shifter didn't keep them. You'd have to have all the holes that the stock shifter has (sh*tloads) just to avoid the support hassle of people saying "there's a hole missing," as different market cars have different wiring. For example, Canadian Type R's have different wiring and use different holes than USA Type R's ... and they're very similar as far as world-wide CivicX model variants go :).

Note that the holes are there primarily for controlling all the wiring harnesses on the assembly line. None of the holes that are missing - at least on my Canadian Type R - serve any routing purpose. (There are other holes in the console that do have that purpose.) As for potential rattling, all of the harnesses are wrapped with soft-surface tape so they can't rattle. The only thing is to take care in harness placement to avoid squeezing a harness when re-installing the console base.
Sponsored

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
@ACUITY great shifter! Russ also helped me out with a question after my shifter install in an extremely timely manner.

Y'all knocked it out of the park with the shifter AND customer service. Thank you. Can't wait to hit the track.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
For all those who are running acuity full shifter. I am just curious what sought of orientation change of cables did Acuity do? I changed my shifter assembly to full acuity today and I feel the shifter cables are oriented same way like stock shifter except the O-ring cable lockdown thing for the shifter cable.

I am trying to understand how acuity is achieving such short throw setting and yet claiming the cables won't stretch unless user abuse the car and shifts very hard and badly. Can someone shed some light on this

OP
OP
baldheadracing

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
For all those who are running acuity full shifter. I am just curious what sought of orientation change of cables did Acuity do? I changed my shifter assembly to full acuity today and I feel the shifter cables are oriented same way like stock shifter except the O-ring cable lockdown thing for the shifter cable.

I am trying to understand how acuity is achieving such short throw setting and yet claiming the cables won't stretch unless user abuse the car and shifts very hard and badly. Can someone shed some light on this
I personally don't use the o-ring cable lockdown. It is there to prevent clicking that some people really don't like, but I don't notice the clicking. I let my cables hang naturally and adjust the shifter's fore-aft throw to offer the minimal cable resistance.

Shorter throws are a matter of controlling the (maximum) angles that the cables see. The shifter's adjustment restricts the maximum angles to what ACUiTY feels safe. As an aside, this is also why ACUiTY's short-throw adapter is not recommended for the stock Type R shifter - that combination shortens the fore-aft throw too much, resulting in too much of an angle.
Sponsored