What are your top 3 complaints with the Civic Si?

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Stopped at my local Honda dealer today as the low tire pressure light came on. I checked them and they were fine, so stopped there to have them look. For them also, tires were fine.

They asked if I had calibrated my sensors. ME=No, didn't know I could do that. THEM=Well it's right in the owners manual. ME=Didn't get an owners manual. THEM= WHAT????? ME=Explained that SI doesn't come with one. THEM= Someone go check the SI's on the lot and see if they have a manual. THEM=None of ours has a manual, that's stupid.
It's also on page 119 (sedan) or page 120 (coupe) of the Owner's Guide that does come with the car. ;)
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
For the 2 blanks:
Under-body light kit
Manual engine bay fan switch

It's late, those are all I can think of.
Switch 1: exhuast dump
Switch 2: Nitrous arm switch

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
1: wings come out on sides
2: jet engine pops out the back
(Fantomas, anyone?)

More on-topic -- noticed that the AC is weaker than in the TSX. Not by a whole lot, but enough to notice when it's in the 90s outside for both temperature and humidity...

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
I noticed the A/C too. Being a avid motorcyclist I almost never use it. Used it for the first time this week and it wasn't that cold compared to my 9th or other cars.

Fazzster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T Sport Manual, 2020 Odyssey EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Fazzster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T Sport Manual, 2020 Odyssey EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1. Rev hang
2. The black paint in the tail pipe finisher is peeling (I only have 50 miles on the car)
3. Rear spoiler is a little much

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
2. The black paint in the tail pipe finisher is peeling (I only have 50 miles on the car)
I fixed mine over a month ago.

Fixed. The rest of the black paint seems to be properly adhered. My guess is that there was grease/oil preventing the paint from sticking in the areas that chipped.

IMG_7021.JPG

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
A little off topic, but does the new Si have the ability to play CD (a CD slot)..I ask because I'm still old school and sometimes prefer playing my stashes of CD album classics.
Nope. What you have to do is "rip" your cds. Once you have them on a hard drive you can transfer them to a USB "thumb drive".

I just bought one of the dinky ones and plugged it into the USB jack at the bottom of the center console. (The correct connection for a media source).
Honda Civic 10th gen What are your top 3 complaints with the Civic Si? 810Zr6TSPAL._SL1500_

Last edited:

methan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan - MSM
Country flag
Nope. What you have to do is "rip" your cds. Once you have them on a hard drive you can transfer them to a USB "thumb drive".

I just bought one of the dinky ones and plugged it into the USB jack at the bottom of the center console. (The correct connection for a media source).
Honda Civic 10th gen What are your top 3 complaints with the Civic Si? 810Zr6TSPAL._SL1500_
So you can use the USB stick as a portable media player, through the the stereo/media center?

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
So you can use the USB stick as a portable media player, through the the stereo/media center?
Yep! Choose the USB input with your Source button. Arrange your albums in folders and the Car displays the file system. Once in a folder it then plays all of the .wma files consecutively.

Of course you can use your steering wheel controls to skip a track.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I like this car a lot but my top three wish list

Back to a Vtec engine
Better forward visibility
Back to under 180 inches length (I want a compact car not an Accord)

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1: wings come out on sides
2: jet engine pops out the back
(Fantomas, anyone?)

More on-topic -- noticed that the AC is weaker than in the TSX. Not by a whole lot, but enough to notice when it's in the 90s outside for both temperature and humidity...
This is looking like a widespread problem (the AC) on all models so I'd take it in to get checked so Honda can maybe put out a TSB.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I read somewhere that Honda is using a more eco-friendly refrigerant...
Yeah it doesn't look like a problem -- more like a "feature" :), like they're just saving energy and weight in yet one other way. It's working fine; there's just a bit less of it. Isn't nearly enough of a "problem" for a proper complaint...

Last edited:

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I read somewhere that Honda is using a more eco-friendly refrigerant... Tree huggers will be the death of us all...
R1234yf refrigerant has been around for a few years now. It works just fine. The biggest difference between it and the R134a that it replaces is cost of the refrigerant itself - the latter being much cheaper. I remember the switchover from R12 to R134a in the mid-90s. Owners and service people panicked and stockpiled R12. You'd have thought the sky was falling! My dad still has a case of the stuff. R134a was ridiculously expensive at that time and systems required a precise level of charge to work properly. By the time the vehicles that used this new "environmentally-friendly" refrigerant were out of warranty, the price of R134a came down and availability went up. You can now buy it for a few bucks a can (for now). Both my '17 Civic and '17 Ridgeline use the R1234yf and both cool very well.
Sponsored