FIRST SHOTS: 2018 Civic Si Sedan Prototype

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
This would've been the case for me in my early 20s. Now that I'm older, I appreciate factory performance and a piece of mind (warranty).
Definitely my thoughts as well. I have been to a number of driving schools where I quickly learned that if I want to drive fast, throwing a bunch of money at the car means very little. Learning how to drive fast is an entirely different ball game. Cars are far more capable in factory form than most probably realize.

But to each their own. Throwing a bunch of money at a car to play the part is also a great hobby of many, and there is nothing wrong with that.
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Definitely my thoughts as well. I have been to a number of driving schools where I quickly learned that if I want to drive fast, throwing a bunch of money at the car means very little. Learning how to drive fast is an entirely different ball game. Cars are far more capable in factory form than most probably realize.

But to each their own. Throwing a bunch of money at a car to play the part is also a great hobby of many, and there is nothing wrong with that.
Depends on if you want to go fast in a straight line or on a bendy road course. Granted a driver mod in a drag race helps, but if you have a civic putting out 500 hp, its still going to be fast, thats not the case in autocross or road racing.

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan, 2006 Scion TC
Then there are the people like me who don't exceed 80mph or track/drag their cars and just like to pretend their LX is "sporty" lmao.

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

phillyphan09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
"A more aggressive Honda Factory Performance (HFP) aerodynamics kit will be available for those who want extra flash."

You said what now??? Go on... :hmm:

If it's anything like the previous Si HFP kit, count me in! :headbang:
Honda Civic 10th gen FIRST SHOTS: 2018 Civic Si Sedan Prototype honda-civic-si-hfp-aero-kit

Considering what Honda did with the HFP Accord this year, I have a good feeling about this:
Honda Civic 10th gen FIRST SHOTS: 2018 Civic Si Sedan Prototype 2016-Accord-Coupe-Touring-020
good lord that accord is sexy as hell

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is thee civic with the kit that is currently availaible

Honda Civic 10th gen FIRST SHOTS: 2018 Civic Si Sedan Prototype underbody

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is thee civic with the kit that is currently availaible

underbody.jpg
I'm aware of that kit, but I do not think that's the HFP kit they're talking about. Maybe it is, but I am hoping it is not as the front and rear pieces are awful. Skirt is decent.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm aware of that kit, but I do not think that's the HFP kit they're talking about. Maybe it is, but I am hoping it is not as the front and rear pieces are awful. Skirt is decent.
Yeah im not a huge fan on the front pieces either. They just blend im really. Since the Si front bumper looks different it probably has its own kit, unless it comes with front lip/diffuser from factory
Sponsored