FIRST SHOTS: 2018 Civic Si Sedan Prototype

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Speaking of past SI's here is a comparison. This 10th gen SI will have more cosmetic changes from the factory Sedan than ANY SI

IMG_0629.JPG

IMG_0630.JPG

IMG_0631.JPG
That 99-00 Si is missing the front body colored lip and H emblem.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag

jk147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Definitely my thoughts as well. I have been to a number of driving schools where I quickly learned that if I want to drive fast, throwing a bunch of money at the car means very little. Learning how to drive fast is an entirely different ball game. Cars are far more capable in factory form than most probably realize.

But to each their own. Throwing a bunch of money at a car to play the part is also a great hobby of many, and there is nothing wrong with that.
To be frank if pure performance is what you are looking for you shouldn't get a Si. There are better options out there. I don't think I will be able to extract 100% of any car that is given to me on a course, even less so with something like a corvette.

Most Si owners realize this, it is a balance between performance, usability and reliability. This is why people are still buying Si's. Civic owners tend to be on the younger side, you can see how much they want to add to the base model immediately.

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
Something just looks wrong with the rear. I bet the lower gloss black trim was removed. Too much exhaust is showing
It's definitely missing. Also on the sport hatch and Si Coupe prototype, the exhaust finishing trim is integrated with the rear bumper lip, thus why we don't see one on this car (also no skirts or front lip.) So I would expect this to also be on the finished product.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To be frank if pure performance is what you are looking for you shouldn't get a Si. There are better options out there. I don't think I will be able to extract 100% of any car that is given to me on a course, even less so with something like a corvette.

Most Si owners realize this, it is a balance between performance, usability and reliability. This is why people are still buying Si's. Civic owners tend to be on the younger side, you can see how much they want to add to the base model immediately.
I agree in part. Sure, a BRZ or a used GTI might have some better performance, and the BRZ might be more fun to drive.

But, the Si fills a niche that was once filled by mid-century American cars: simple to work on, and cheap to modify while still being fun to drive.

There is a reason Honda, specifically Civics and the S2000, have won more autocross events than any other brand. The Miata is a close second.

mhwkr01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic LX sedan ASM, 2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan BNP
ACC won't work with a manual transmission. No way for the computer to change gears if the car slows down too much.
Its weird because the new Type-R pics show the Radar and Honda Sensing tech on that model but thal looks like the Euro model especially with the headlight washers
Sponsored