First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have been in and out of the enthusiast car scene for 15 years or so. My only other FWD was back in '05 when I bought a brand new Doge SRT-4 which I modded quite a bit (421whp). Since then I have had a RX-8 for 4 years and a IS300 for 2 years. So coming back to FWD is a bit of a change. That said... the MPG and features for price of the Si makes it a no brainer.

Fresh from the dealership... Mods to come.
Honda Civic 10th gen My First Honda. 2018 Civic Si 20180120_142243

Honda Civic 10th gen My First Honda. 2018 Civic Si 20180120_142124

8 month of ownership update:

My MPG is not as good as I would have hoped but I only drive 0.8 miles for my commute in the city so it is what it is. I do however get 39-42 mpg on road trips so thats nice. I have put 5900 miles on it since December and have had no issues with a/c or cv boot as some owners have reported. Also have had it running ktuner 23psi map since 980 miles no issues there either.

Have done a good bit of mods for my needs since December.

Installed:
Skunk2 lowering springs
Ktuner v1.2 w/tuner view on my factory HU
Carbon trim pieces and shift ball
ESR SR12 Wheels in 18x9.5 +40
MAPerformance Intake
Some China engine side covers
Depo clear corner lights

To be installed:
MAPperformance catless DP - Its been too hot to do this yet.
Stage 2 tune

Some photos:
new wheels1.jpg
new wheels2.jpg
20180806_180615.jpg
new wheels4.jpg
20180701_141021.jpg

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats! I had a buddy with an SRT-4 and a AWD turbo Talon. The Taking was his beater but loads of fun and *man* was that SRT-4 a rocket once rolling. I think you'll like the build quality of the Honda (I think he always had a bad door lock actuator or window motor... always)... though it'll take some doing to match the SRT-4.

Enjoy your new car.

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
Congrats! And I agree. What you get for under $25k is phenomenal.

swift996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Panamera Turbo, Porsche Cayman, Porsche Macan S, Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Congrats!

Just picked mine up today (2018 Sedan)

I've got a few Porsches, so this is really just a get around car for me but for the money, I'm very impressed with the refinement/value. I'm looking forward to putting some mods on and having fun. I think I averaged 37.8mpg cruising at 77mph on the way back home which is pretty awesome. My only knock on the car is the rev hang. Probably due to the long stoke/smaller bore and tuning but just doesn't feel sharp. Otherwise looking forward to getting another 40-50whp out of this thing. I don't want to mess with the clutch, so will have to call it a day when I reach that point.

Honda Civic 10th gen My First Honda. 2018 Civic Si IMG_5497a

scottso990

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, 2016 HRV, 2009 Civic EX
Country flag
Beautiful! I love this car in blue. Good luck with it!

OP
OP
MavicTB

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats!

Just picked mine up today (2018 Sedan)

I've got a few Porsches, so this is really just a get around car for me but for the money, I'm very impressed with the refinement/value. I'm looking forward to putting some mods on and having fun. I think I averaged 37.8mpg cruising at 77mph on the way back home which is pretty awesome. My only knock on the car is the rev hang. Probably due to the long stoke/smaller bore and tuning but just doesn't feel sharp. Otherwise looking forward to getting another 40-50whp out of this thing. I don't want to mess with the clutch, so will have to call it a day when I reach that point.
Congrats!

I think other than a Ktuner with an OTS Vit tune I wont do much to make more power. I would like to lower it a little and run some wider forged wheels. Maybe do an exhaust once those become more readily available on the market as the factory one looks ugly IMO and is too quiet. Then again I don't want something loud ether. Before that though it will need HID/LED headlight/fogs and clear side markers to match the DRLs (how did Honda drop the ball on that?).

greg1.5

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Congrats on the car! I picked up my '18 coupe about 3 weeks ago and I am absolutely loving it. It's the first car I've owned that has exceeded what I could ever expect for it. I'm sure you'll be very pleased!

swift996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Congrats!

I think other than a Ktuner with an OTS Vit tune I wont do much to make more power. I would like to lower it a little and run some wider forged wheels. Maybe do an exhaust once those become more readily available on the market as the factory one looks ugly IMO and is too quiet. Then again I don't want something loud ether. Before that though it will need HID/LED headlight/fogs and clear side markers to match the DRLs (how did Honda drop the ball on that?).
Here's what I'm thinking of doing to mine:
- Intake
- Downpipe
- Intercooler
- Ktuner w/ Vit tune
- Eibach Pro Springs
- Smoked/clear side markers (ordered)
- Black out the chrome trim above the doors (ordered)
- Maybe wheels/tires down the road

I'm trying to keep is simple as this is a commuter/get around car for me. My Panamera Turbo puts down 546whp and I have a pretty heavily modified Cayman that gives me the handling/track set up car. I just can't leave things alone though :) I was split between the blue and black, but ended up going black, even though I know I will hate keeping it clean! Anyways, didn't want to hijack your thread, always great to see other enthusiasts share the passion.

greg1.5

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Here's what I'm thinking of doing to mine:
- Intake
- Downpipe
- Intercooler
- Ktuner w/ Vit tune
- Eibach Pro Springs
- Smoked/clear side markers (ordered)
- Black out the chrome trim above the doors (ordered)
- Maybe wheels/tires down the road

I'm trying to keep is simple as this is a commuter/get around car for me. My Panamera Turbo puts down 546whp and I have a pretty heavily modified Cayman that gives me the handling/track set up car. I just can't leave things alone though :) I was split between the blue and black, but ended up going black, even though I know I will hate keeping it clean! Anyways, didn't want to hijack your thread, always great to see other enthusiasts share the passion.
You say black out trim over the doors you have ordered, mind if I ask where you got it? Really wanting to do the same to mine, I hate chrome!

OP
OP
MavicTB

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You say black out trim over the doors you have ordered, mind if I ask where you got it? Really wanting to do the same to mine, I hate chrome!
gloss black vinyl would work. Or black plasti dip and some glossifier over that would look good (may try that next weekend). I agree on the chrome. Very out of place.

swift996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

greg1.5

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Sure, I got it off ebay here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-2018-Honda-Civic-Sedan-Chrome-Trim-Blackout-Overlay/263417987094?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Looks like they are running a 3 day 30% off sale. I thought I'd try this. I've done plastidip here and there in the past but this looked fairly easy to apply with the chrome edges.
Dang it looks like they only have it for the sedan. Just sent a message to the seller, hopefully they can offer it for the coupe!!

scottso990

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, 2016 HRV, 2009 Civic EX
Country flag

swift996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Interesting! Please share your experience (and pics) with us once you install
Will do, I'll start a build thread shortly.
Sponsored