Blazindominican

First Name
Blazin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Eclipse GSX, 10 CRV AWD, 21 CTR, 23 MT-10 SP
Country flag
I've finally made it to the end lol what a ride. Quite the attention to detail here. This is hard to find alot of people want to just slap parts together.

My mod progress is slow going because I'm always trying to make sure it's perfect lol I feel your pain.

This thread definitely kept my OCD at ease. Good build man. Hope to see more.

armenls1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R
Country flag
How much gain are we talking about with a drilled fuel line Vs non-drilled when switching to the XDI HPFP? I’m thinking about the effect of reverting back to stock and putting the stock pump back on with factory tune. If someone wants to sell their car would they run into some issues with a stock pump, factory tune, and drilled line?

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmm… those are very good questions and I do not have answers.

Chose to drill the HP fuel line to maximize the benefit of adding the XDI HPFP. Most have done so, but not all. XDI seemed to endorse altering the line and I was already there.

That said, for my power goals (366HP/361 torque - Conservative track tune) the XDI alone might have been enough, dunno…. Salasko Racing said lack of pressure was the reason the original tune had to be scaled back.

Repercussions for returning to stock was not considered, as the plan is to keep the car long term… however life often throws unexpected curveballs, so one never can be sure.

My initial hunch is, it would be ok going back with the modded line… But I’ll ask XDI or Salasko Racing what they think. I’ve also got some sharp engineers at work and will check with them also.

If anyone knows the answer please feel free to chime in. :)

Until we know the answer, failsafe options would be:
  • Purchase a spare HP fuel line.
  • Skip drilling the line altogether and see how the XDI performs by itself.

armenls1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R
Country flag
It's a interesting subject to say the least. Drilling the HPFL means we're essentially increasing the size of the hole. The line itself is much wider than the opening. So the whole point of having the fuel flow through a pipe and then bottleneck into a smaller inlet/outlet is to create pressure. By drilling the line we're effectively increasing flow but decreasing pressure. So it could be that the duty cycles increase on paper but the actual power gains are minimal or non-existent?

I guess the best way for us to know would be to dyno 2 identically moded cars - one drilled, 1 undrilled. Even then there would be many other factors to take into consideration. Personally i'm opting out of drilling just for the sheer fact that you can't "undrill" the line - which leads to higher cost/more work to revert back to stock or in the event another fuel platform comes out requiring a "non-drilled" line.

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I checked Hondapartsnow for HPFL’s at the time the mod was done, they were unavailable. Didn’t check the dealer though.. so am unclear how difficult it would be to source a replacement.

Blazindominican

First Name
Blazin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There's a shop in south Carolina. They did before and after tests on the lines affects. Theyre called FK8TD on IG. (I have no ties to them what so ever) lol just thought I'd throw that in there. I'm from/in NY.

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome find. What was the verdict?

There's a shop in south Carolina. They did before and after tests on the lines affects. Theyre called FK8TD on IG. (I have no ties to them what so ever) lol just thought I'd throw that in there. I'm from/in NY.

Blazindominican

First Name
Blazin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Awesome find. What was the verdict?
His findings were that the drilled line (with the right diameter hole) made a difference but more so the right sized hole with a taper made a bigger difference. He offers this as a service now.

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That’s good to hear. Used a larger bit to chamfer the hole after drilling.

His findings were that the drilled line (with the right diameter hole) made a difference but more so the right sized hole with a taper made a bigger difference. He offers this as a service now.

Blazindominican

First Name
Blazin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I
Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R Screenshot_20220613-232948_Instagram

Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R Screenshot_20220613-232954_Instagram

I am no tuner, maybe someone who does would be willing to dhare their opinion.

He also offers a porting service on the Inlet of the fuel rail. Just saw the before and after images.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I
Screenshot_20220613-232948_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220613-232954_Instagram.jpg

I am no tuner, maybe someone who does would be willing to dhare their opinion.

He also offers a porting service on the Inlet of the fuel rail. Just saw the before and after images.
He’s a great tuner. Lots of local people in FL use him for remote tunes. He also holds the record for highest hp made on hondata, 707whp I believe. It’s on his YouTube.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
@fatherpain (or anyone else) - when you had your oem lip, what did you do/use to delete the red pin strip?

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi jdm_mike,

@BoostedDreams posted the link and he is 100% correct: taping over, not removing is the most prudent way to go about it :)

Here is the link to the red stripe delete post that’s buried somewhere in this Journal, 😂

when you had your oem lip, what did you do/use to delete the red pin strip?
Sponsored