Why isn’t the coupe popular

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
No, they will need variety. The hatch is still a good selling car both in America and rest of the world. The coupe though....well we shall see
Sponsored

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
The reason why they should make the type R a coupe. If you go back in time any race version of a performance car was to keep the weight down for example fiberglass hoods , no air conditioning no radios,lighter seats ( racing seats ) no back seats and it’s always a two door ( extra doors and hatch adds weight) and place the battery in the rear manufactures vary on this . Read about the ford fairlane it was a mid size car from a two door,four door and wagon,six cylinder to big block V8 the race version (thunderbolt)
Was a two door.just like the Acura integra it was a sedan and a coupe the coupe was the type R . I’m not saying anything bad about the civic type R if I didn’t have a injury and had the funds I might have one. The type R owners out there must love the fact they have one of the fastest front wheel drive cars . I know times are difference now for the auto industry trucks and suvs. They even make performance trucks and suvs I’m sorry trucks can’t handle and perform like a car. It should be civic Si coupe,sedan, and hatchback type R coupe or just keep the hatchback type R to expand the market to make the coupe and hatchback fans happy. This is coming from a guy that read a lot about the auto industry since he was ten mostly American and European cars . This is why I bought a Honda. I know I’m going to get feedback on this but this is my opinion on the subject and I’m a coupe fan

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
If I didn't need the space I would have gotten a coupe. There was a coupe with that radical looking yellow/green color at the dealer where I bought my hatch. I wanted to test drive it but I knew that if I did I would have left with it instead.

I hope the coupe doesn't disappear because I'd like to get one once this car is paid off in a few years.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If I didn't need the space I would have gotten a coupe. There was a coupe with that radical looking yellow/green color at the dealer where I bought my hatch. I wanted to test drive it but I knew that if I did I would have left with it instead.

I hope the coupe doesn't disappear because I'd like to get one once this car is paid off in a few years.
Yes the yellow is a great color on the coupe if it was available when I bought my coupe in 2018 I probably would have gotten it . If Honda drops the coupe that leaves nothing for someone that wants a coupe
Other manufacturers make coupes few and far between thats why I’m planning to keep my coupe far along time . Mustangs and camaros prices are ridiculous I would get a civic type R over both of them

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
No, they will need variety. The hatch is still a good selling car both in America and rest of the world. The coupe though....well we shall see
There is hope for the hatch at least, rumors suggest that production will shift to North America. If the coupe does live on into the next generation, I think it will be SI only.

B0nez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si Coupe | '08 FJ Cruiser | '05 Jeep LJ
Country flag
I sure hope they keep the coupe around, I LOVED my '04 Accord V6 EX MT and the Gen 10 Civic Si Coupe is the only civic that looks good to me - I am in the purchasing process for one now; I am glad Honda hasn't done a Civic Type R coupe 'cause my wallet would not be happy with me for rushing out to get one.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Coupes are impractical, simple as that
Its not impractical for me and the rest of us who have them, so I guess it isn't as simple as that. They're only impractical for people who need to justify why they bought a sedan instead.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Coupes are impractical, simple as that
Not for me and just the wife. Can carry all we need on vacation, and also when shopping at the store. It costs me $55 in gas to get from just south of Chicago to Fort Worth. Cheap.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Its not impractical for me and the rest of us who have them, so I guess it isn't as simple as that. They're only impractical for people who need to justify why they bought a sedan instead.
I think what the guy meant was impractical for the "average" buyer. And that's the truth. That doesn't mean it's not a great looking car with enough passenger room and cargo space for some buyers. Coupes are basically a very small niche market these days. SUV's and trucks are all the rage, sedans are the jack of all trades vehicle, hatchbacks are like sporty mini-SUV's and coupes are great if you're looking for something sporty for two full sized adults. I mean, if I had to sit in the back of the Civic Coupe for a long drive at 6'2", I wouldn't be real happy. ;)

WCELingad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Crystal Black Pearl
Country flag
I was never a fan of coupe, pick up truck, suv, or crossover so the only vehicle I like to own is a sedan which is the sweet spot between a coupe and suv's. Just like gtman said it is the jack of all trades vehicle.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think what the guy meant was impractical for the "average" buyer. And that's the truth. That doesn't mean it's not a great looking car with enough passenger room and cargo space for some buyers. Coupes are basically a very small niche market these days. SUV's and trucks are all the rage, sedans are the jack of all trades vehicle, hatchbacks are like sporty mini-SUV's and coupes are great if you're looking for something sporty for two full sized adults. I mean, if I had to sit in the back of the Civic Coupe for a long drive at 6'2", I wouldn't be real happy. ;)
I’m the only driver in my car I hardly have any passengers that why a coupe fits me. You’re right about the back seat I’m 6’5” . About 15 years ago my friend and his wife and myself took a trip to Pennsylvania from New York it’s about a four hour drive it was in a Saturn coupe . I sat in the back it was uncomfortable but I think the civic coupe now is bigger than the Saturn

WCELingad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Crystal Black Pearl
Country flag
I’m the only driver in my car I hardly have any passengers that why a coupe fits me. You’re right about the back seat I’m 6’5” . About 15 years ago my friend and his wife and myself took a trip to Pennsylvania from New York it’s about a four hour drive it was in a Saturn coupe . I sat in the back it was uncomfortable but I think the civic coupe now is bigger than the Saturn
Trust me at that height any slight increase in size wouldn't make any difference on a 4 hour trip in the back of a coupe lol

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh, I have to admit, I don't have a lot of headroom in the back, but I'm not riding in the back and I didn't buy it to haul people around in :)

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Some are talking about cargo room I’ve said this in other posts the seat backs on the coupe fold down it’s also 60/40 like the sedan and the hatchback.the hatch has more height than the coupe or sedan. So if I need to buy a broom I could open the trunk pull the seat lever have room to put the broom and close the trunk all in my coupe
Sponsored