saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
This is not to bash a different body style or color. It’s a simple question to coupe owners. Is it because of the styling because it’s a two door? This was brought up do to another post having a discussion that nobody wants a two door car. So why is it that you bought a coupe. My reason hands down because the styling and I like two door cars
Sponsored

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is not to bash a different body style or color. It’s a simple question to coupe owners. Is it because of the styling because it’s a two door? This was brought up do to another post having a discussion that nobody wants a two door car. So why is it that you bought a coupe. My reason hands down because the styling and I like two door cars
I bought the Coupe because of the styling.
I bought the Coupe with the Modern Steel Metallic paint because I loved the color.
I searched and searched for the Coupe in MSM for several weeks.
It's my first ever new car, and my wife encouraged me to get what I wanted ... and to wait a little longer for what I wanted.
I almost "settled" for a Pearl White Sedan ... but then I found it.
She and I drove 4 hours (to AutoNation in Orlando), in a rental, so that we could ride back together.
We were both like kids again (we both just turned 50, but we're very young at heart), driving back ... music rocking, holding hands (except when rowing thru the gears)... smiling ear to ear.
I (we) bought the Coupe because it makes us smile.
And that's all that really matters. ;)

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I bought the Coupe because of the styling.
I bought the Coupe with the Modern Steel Metallic paint because I loved the color.
I searched and searched for the Coupe in MSM for several weeks.
It's my first ever new car, and my wife encouraged me to get what I wanted ... and to wait a little longer for what I wanted.
I almost "settled" for a Pearl White Sedan ... but then I found it.
She and I drove 4 hours (to AutoNation in Orlando), in a rental, so that we could ride back together.
We were both like kids again (we both just turned 50, but we're very young at heart), driving back ... music rocking, holding hands (except when rowing thru the gears)... smiling ear to ear.
I (we) bought the Coupe because it makes us smile.
And that's all that really matters. ;)
I got my coupe as a 50 th birthday present for myself. I always wanted a turbo coupe

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I suppose my decision to get the coupes that i've had (i've had a coupe from the 8th, 9th and 10th gens) was mostly style based, as well as general perception that coupes are more sport oriented body styles. I'm single, no pets, no kids, so i don't really have a need for 4 doors or a hatch (and when i do, my family all have hatches and crossovers i can use).

Specifically for the 10th gen, it was definitely the draw of the full width tail light bar that hooked me on the styling, a design feature i hope honda continues into the 11th gen coupe (if there is one).

Also worth noting, the coupes tend to have marginally upgraded handling compared to the sedan, at least on lower trims as well as the coupe usually coming standard with a bigger stereo system on lower trims (6 vs 4 speakers on older coupes i had, and now my EX has the 10 speaker system only available on the touring level sedan). Which all comes down to trying to keep the pricing of the two models more or less equal... obviously the coupes are somewhat cheaper to build, and so they end up with one or two extras over the comparable sedan trim.

Overall... the styling, the slight uptick in sporty factor, communicating to others my total freedom from responsibilities beyond myself.... lol.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got mine because I like the styling, it just looks cool, especially rear brake light IMO. Where I live there are TONS of sedans, not many coupes... feels a bit more special.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got mine because I like the styling, it just looks cool, especially rear brake light IMO. Where I live there are TONS of sedans, not many coupes... feels a bit more special.
I did forget to mention that I loved the look of the tail lights going across the top of the trunk, as one of the design queues that I liked.
Also, I HATE those giant fake vents on the back of the sedan and hatchback models ... the smaller vents were a major draw to my decision.

ulieq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Coupe 2019
Country flag
Because it looks better and is fun to drive and thats why

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Noticed how none of them talk about practicality? So please tell me why Honda should make a 2dr Hatchback instead of a 4dr? Because there is no way they would offer both, it doesn't make sense. Most people don't buy cars because of styling, they buy them for practicality. Which is why manufacturers don't make 2dr cars apart from sportier cars. It's a separate market. Where would a 2dr hatch fir into this equation? If you want something more sportier looking, you go for the coupe. If you want more practicality, you go for the sedan or the 4dr hatch.

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (Sold), 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec (SH-AWD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1) Fake vents on the back of the sedan/hatch/type r drive me nuts.
2) Coupe looks so much better anyway and has no big fake vents in the back (front ones don't bother me at all for some reason).

Aaaaand there's the full list of reasons of why I got the coupe.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I suppose my decision to get the coupes that i've had (i've had a coupe from the 8th, 9th and 10th gens) was mostly style based, as well as general perception that coupes are more sport oriented body styles. I'm single, no pets, no kids, so i don't really have a need for 4 doors or a hatch (and when i do, my family all have hatches and crossovers i can use).

Specifically for the 10th gen, it was definitely the draw of the full width tail light bar that hooked me on the styling, a design feature i hope honda continues into the 11th gen coupe (if there is one).

Also worth noting, the coupes tend to have marginally upgraded handling compared to the sedan, at least on lower trims as well as the coupe usually coming standard with a bigger stereo system on lower trims (6 vs 4 speakers on older coupes i had, and now my EX has the 10 speaker system only available on the touring level sedan). Which all comes down to trying to keep the pricing of the two models more or less equal... obviously the coupes are somewhat cheaper to build, and so they end up with one or two extras over the comparable sedan trim.

Overall... the styling, the slight uptick in sporty factor, communicating to others my total freedom from responsibilities beyond myself.... lol.
The 8th gen coupe is what got me to start looking at the civics but at the time I had a Tiburon GT

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Because that's what my wife wanted, and it's her car.

I also prefer the style of the Coupe, so I am happy.

The only negative I find with the Couple, is the large (wide) doors, what can be a PITA when parking in confined spaces ... but then, like many who are Paranoid about getting their car damaged in car parks, we tend to park at the far outskirts of parking lots, where there are fewer cars, and more space.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 8th gen coupe is what got me to start looking at the civics but at the time I had a Tiburon GT
My first car was a 95' civic sedan. My senior year of high school i was determined to get a new car and wanted a sportier coupe model (back then, there were alot more FWD coupes on the market like the Tiburon, tC, forte koup, etc) and when honda unveiled the 8th gen civic concept i became obsessed. At the time, the civic was class leading in almost every regard, as it is now, so i saved my money, put a down payment on the car when i was 18 and haven't looked back. I'm 31 now and have had 6 new civics. 4 coupes and 2 sedans (i lease because i like having new things and am financially able to).

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Noticed how none of them talk about practicality? So please tell me why Honda should make a 2dr Hatchback instead of a 4dr? Because there is no way they would offer both, it doesn't make sense. Most people don't buy cars because of styling, they buy them for practicality. Which is why manufacturers don't make 2dr cars apart from sportier cars. It's a separate market. Where would a 2dr hatch fir into this equation? If you want something more sportier looking, you go for the coupe. If you want more practicality, you go for the sedan or the 4dr hatch.
Well you and I had this little discussion you said nobody wants a coupe or two door let’s see why coupe owners bought their coupes

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
I wanted an IC so coupe of sedan
The rear of the sedan is way too ugly, can’t stand looking at it.
So i went with the coupe, beside the chrome around the windows, it looks good from any angles
Sponsored