Perrin67_97

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I went with the Ktuned catless front pipe and downpipe. I personally love the sound and spool sound and response is way better. Only down fault is that it rubs somewhere on the car so it kinda squeaks which is annoying and a bit embarrassing lol:dunno:
Nice combo. Lol it squeaks.. I had squeaking issue also. My front left brake dust cover would rub against the wheel only when I'm turning the wheel and reversing. So had to readjust the brake dust cover to clear properly. Embarrassed me a few times also haha
Sponsored

Mauricio_k20

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type - R
Country flag
Nice combo. Lol it squeaks.. I had squeaking issue also. My front left brake dust cover would rub against the wheel only when I'm turning the wheel and reversing. So had to readjust the brake dust cover to clear properly. Embarrassed me a few times also haha
Yeah man we still havent found the exact location of where the squeaking is on the downpipe so next time I go into my shop I think I might just wrap it to hopefully end the squeak lol

OP
OP
Perrin67_97

Perrin67_97

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah man we still havent found the exact location of where the squeaking is on the downpipe so next time I go into my shop I think I might just wrap it to hopefully end the squeak lol
Hope it works out. I'm sure it's no biggie but to locate it. Good luck

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

ctr_no650

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ctr, 2014 Chevy Sonic LTZ, 1990 rover mini
Country flag
i will be eventually going with afe catted full system ( down pipe, mid pipe, cat back exhaust)

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

GreyMatter718

THE X GEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-t Coupe Crystal Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I checked the RV6 site and when lookin at the downpipes, i didnt see an option for catless or catted. I want to get the front/down pipes

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
I checked the RV6 site and when lookin at the downpipes, i didnt see an option for catless or catted. I want to get the front/down pipes
Catted https://www.rv6-p.com/rv6-high-temp-catted-downpipe-for-17-civic-type-r-2-0t-fk8.html

Catless https://www.rv6-p.com/rv6-catless-downpipe-for-17-civic-type-r-2-0t-fk8.html

They are working on a front pipe but its not available yet.

Edit: Just saw you dont have a CTR...not sure about ones for the other models sorry. Keep forgetting this thread has peeps with all models replying even though it was started in the CTR sub section.

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
I wish RV6 had come out with their front pipe sooner, it might have swayed me, but I went with PRL instead

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag

rydereclipse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #889, 2016 Honda Odessey Touring Elite, 2017 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso
Country flag
Went with RV6. PRL makes an excellent product..but there are 2 reasons I went with RV6. (this is the CATLESS version)
  • Pricing - the base pricing is roughly the same (with PRL being slightly more expensive), but RV6 comes with a defouler..whereas it is a $125 option with PRL
  • Construction - RV6's heatshield mount points are structured into the actual piece, whereas you need to use longer bolts and spacers with PRL.
I am sure both products will be fantastic pieces, but just the above is what swayed me to RV6.

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
I personally like that the PRL tapers down to 3" after the cat as opposed to before the cat like the RV6. For the most part it is always better to taper down as far away from the turbo as possible to avoid unnecessary back pressure. This is a pretty good read if you want to have a little more understanding of turbocharged cars and exhaust diameters.
https://www.tercelreference.com/tercel_info/turbo_exhaust_theory/turbo_exhaust_theory.html
On paper that may sound better but based on the dyno results it doesn't seem to make a difference. The RV6 netted the larger gain. This is catless, but i assume the catted will be similar. I say just choose the one you like the most and you'll be happy with either.

RV6 http://www.rv6-p.com/products/typeR/rv6-downpipe-dyno.jpg

PRL http://prlmotorsports.com/images/products/detail/CTRDownpipeTesting.jpg
Sponsored