Kreezc

First Name
Kristof
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have ordered HKS front/down pipe combo. I’m concerned if I install this to my CTR, will there be an issue such as check engine light? I don’t want to tune the car yet as my car still has warranty.

Would like to know if anyone changed their down/front pipe without tuning and not having problems. Thanks!
Sponsored

davidato

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m not sure if HKS gives you a defouler but when I installed my rv6 downpipe they gave me one and I didn’t have a CEL. I would say if HKS doesn’t give you one, I would buy one from another company. You’ll have a good chance to not have a CEL. As usual, this is not a guarantee.

goodvibes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R CBP
Country flag
Hey my coworker has it and it is great, It doesn’t come with a defouler, so he added one at first When he had the stock tune to avoid the CEL codes but he still ended up getting codes on random days. He has hondata now so eventually you might have to tune the car anyway. Good luck ??

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Like mentioned above if you install a defouler you will have no engine light. I ran my car for a couple months with full bolt ons and no tune. My car ran fine with no engine light.

OP
OP
Kreezc

Kreezc

First Name
Kristof
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Where can I get this defouler? I'm scared of the engine light. If I decide to tune the car with hondata, I wouldn't require a defouler cause the tune will fix the engine light? Sorry im new to modding cars

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where can I get this defouler? I'm scared of the engine light. If I decide to tune the car with hondata, I wouldn't require a defouler cause the tune will fix the engine light? Sorry im new to modding cars
You can get them pretty much anywhere, try Amazon. Not sure with Hondata, but I am running Ktuner and kept my defouler installed.

davidato

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m on hondata now and left the defouler in. I’m not 100% sure, but I think the tune just turns off the sensor.

OP
OP
Kreezc

Kreezc

First Name
Kristof
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks guys! How about if I use Hondata or Ktuner to disable the sensor/light without actually tuning the car? Is that possible?

davidato

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks guys! How about if I use Hondata or Ktuner to disable the sensor/light without actually tuning the car? Is that possible?
You’d have to unlock your ecu which would be a pain if you weren’t trying to tune. That would probably the worst option, imo.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a DP/FP with defouler and no tune. Have been getting random CELs related to the secondary O2 sensor. Easily cleared using an Autel AP200.

If interested, more info can be found on my build thread here

I’ve since changed the restrictor to the one with most flow. Still getting CELs so will try going without a restrictor at all. If that fails, will remove the J tube entirely and try a shorter straight tube.

Sponsored