First Name
Ribardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is OP talking about the Type R or Civic Si?
For my case I got an Si. I have a few stuff added and just looking to see what people are running based on the mods I have. I haven't been able to go to a dyno simply because I don't see the point to it with such little added to the car itself. Two step performance claims that their stage 1 tune puts the car at 230 to the wheel I believe but on 93 octane. The highest here in California is 91 which I always put.
Sponsored

peter_009

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hasback
Country flag
Tune isn't required but if you tune for your downpipe you will see significant power gains.
I think a tune is required for a Downpipe as it’ll change the AFR making it run lean. Ktuner or Derek at Ktuner said so too.

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I think a tune is required for a Downpipe as it’ll change the AFR making it run lean. Ktuner or Derek at Ktuner said so too.
I have a catless RV6 downpipe with a PRL front pipe. I've thrown no code at all and the car definitely feels quicker. I have a Ktuner I just need to send the ECU out. So I can definitely confirm that u do NOT need a tune to run this. But again to optimize performance you would need a tune.

OP
OP
MrTureelok

MrTureelok

First Name
Ribardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a catless RV6 downpipe with a PRL front pipe. I've thrown no code at all and the car definitely feels quicker. I have a Ktuner I just need to send the ECU out. So I can definitely confirm that u do NOT need a tune to run this. But again to optimize performance you would need a tune.
I just got my dp/fp from prl race. I'm wondering if i would need a tune?

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I just got my dp/fp from prl race. I'm wondering if i would need a tune?
You do not NEED a tune, but if you want peak performance you would have to tune it.

OP
OP
MrTureelok

MrTureelok

First Name
Ribardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You do not NEED a tune, but if you want peak performance you would have to tune it.
Do you know where I'd be able to get that tune? The check engine light also came on

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Do you know where I'd be able to get that tune? The check engine light also came on
You have to purchase a Ktuner or a Hondata. Then you have to ship your ECU out to be unlocked or hacked. Once that is returned back to you you either get a custom tune by a local tuner or download base maps according to your mods.

OP
OP
MrTureelok

MrTureelok

First Name
Ribardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You have to purchase a Ktuner or a Hondata. Then you have to ship your ECU out to be unlocked or hacked. Once that is returned back to you you either get a custom tune by a local tuner or download base maps according to your mods.
I have the TSP stage 1 tune with Ktuner, do you know how to disable "P0420 and P0138/139" those are the instructions i received from Derek
Sponsored